cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solman_Setup Managed System Configuration Step 11 Check Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello fellow  travelers,

I'm receiving an error in Step 11 Check Configuration in the Solman_Setup Managed System Configuration in trying to connect Trusted Systems from Solution Manager to the CRM Development System.  These are the errors I'm receiving:

Role Z_SOLMAN_READ has to be updated for Read RFC user SM_CRDCLNT200_READ

Execute step Managed System Configurationn / Connect Managed System

Managed systems users/roles | Managed users/roles | SYSTEM =CRD~ABAP

I have resolved the Z_SOLMAN_READ issue by adding the correct permissions to the user, however, a problem persists because of a Trusted System problem within transaction SMT1.  The trusted system configured system (CRD) is set up with the an old server that is no longer valid and when trying to delete the entry to re-create it to point to the new server it is giving me the following error:

RFC Communication error:

I understand that part of the delete process is to log onto the system maintained in the configuration so the transaction can delete it properly but that system is no longer in service. 

My question, is there a back way (via a Report or Database table deletion) to remove the existing Trusted Relationship in the Solution Manager so I can re-create with the correct system?

Thanks.

Ron Richard

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reply and the helpful feedback.  The real issue here is my Dev system (CRD) was created several years ago and assigned to a server that has been retired.  The previous Basis  team did not use Solution Manager to monitor the systems and so that Trusted System (CRD) remains with the old server name (they did not delete the Trusted System BEFORE they unplugged the server).  SMT1 will not allow me to delete CRD or change the entry but to set up Solution manager 7.1 I need to change the CRD in SMT1, so  I need a back door resolution to this issue. 

Thanks for the Note reference and your blog on setting up Trusting Connections.  They provide excellent information.  Also, I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my question.

Best Regards,

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Richard

I would create a support message in that case to ensure you can properly remove CRD out of SMT1; I don't know out of my head which tables are linked, otherwise you could remove it from the database table but then you need to be sure not to miss anything.

Best regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can remove the system any way from SMT1 even you can change the hostname from old server to new server. we done lot of time.

Just click "maintain destination" and proceed. if not, please let me know what kind of error you were getting in SMT1 during the removal.

Regards,

Jansi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom, Janis,

Thanks so much for the replies.  I do appreciate it.  Jansi, in fact that is how I resolved the issue.  In SM59 for the trusted RFC connection I changed  the server from the off line server to the new server and saved it.  When logging back into SMT1 on Solution Manager and clicking "Maintain Destination" it threw an error on the server name but I was then able to delete the entry because it could log onto to the correct server. 

Thanks again for the great feedback.

Regards,

Ron Richard

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Richard

If you have bi-directional trusted RFC's you should remove the relevant entries from SMT1 in both systems.

Afterwards you should potentially also delete the related RFC connection(s) in order to start "fresh".

I assume you'll use the wizard to set up the trusted RFC but one of my old blog posts explains how you can easily test the trusted RFC yourself if you create it manually:

http://scn.sap.com/community/netweaver-administrator/blog/2010/11/29/setup-a-trusted-rfc-connection

Concerning the roles, there is a SAP note that is frequently updated with the latest version of the roles which you can then download (the attachment) and upload into SAP so the roles are updated with the latest authorization objects that are valid:

Note 1572183 - Authorizations for SAP Solution Manager RFC users

Best regards

Tom