cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit SC in SoCo (SRM 7.0), Manager to edit SC values etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

We are in blueprinting phase using SRM 7.0 SP02 with ECC 6.0 EhP6. I am looking options to fulfill some client requirements with minimum custom development activity. I am quite the lone ranger this side and would appreciate (& of course reward) useful inputs on the below items:

1. The client wants to have buyer edit Description field of SC in sourcing cockpit. I know that this is a known functionality with EhP1 SP06, but is there a way to enable the Description field editable with SRM 7.0 ? Can I use "Extensions & Field Control" spro option in any way ?

2. We know that Approver cannot edit the SC during approval when we use process level "Approval (only)". We want the approver to be able to edit Description, Delivery Date & Account Assignment Details during approval. Currently, I have enabled Description & Delivery Date by adding these fields to the standard dynamic classes supplied by SAP.
Again, it is not a standard practice to edit A/c Assignment by Approver (correct me if I am wrong) in SC. In "Extensions & Field Control" I do not find any Structure Field Name for A/c assignment category, Cost centre, G/L a/c etc.

- How do I enable editing of these accounting related fields by approver ? If development is the answer, then what kind of ?

- Is it possible to sometimes trigger Approval with completion and other times trigger Approval (only) process level type depending upon certain conditions for the same approver ? I don't know.

3. As an extension to bullet # 2, we require only one manager to have edit rights, out of the N number of managers to whom the SC might go to in hierarchical equence. Using dynamic class /SAPSRM/CL_PDO_DYN_MDF_WRKFLOW, I am able to assign one of the dynamic customer methods which decides which level of approver gets the edit rights (GEN_FIELD_BO_ITM_LASTAPPROVER for eg.).

What if I need to assign the edit functionality dynamically in the chain of approvers ? For eg. if I want the first approver to have edit functionality. Can a custom method be created for the same ? How much of a development effort would that be ? I ask this because we aim to have minimum development objects.

Thanks in advance for your inputs on above requirements. Please let me know if I need to clarify more on these.

Regards,

PD.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PD,

Quite a detailed list of tasks , I must say 🙂

1 . Buyer has a lot of options in the sourcing cockpit compared to what he had before SRM 7.01 SP6.

Find below the link that talks in detail of all the fields that are allowed as editable

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SRM/New+edit+functionality+within+the+Sourcing+Cockpit

2. Seems like you already have a clue.

3. If you know who that manager is going to be , I mean the attributes that decide who the manager is going to be who is allowed to edit , then you need to write a dynamic class and method and put your logic there . You can use the dynamic class /SAPSRM/CL_PDO_DYN_MDF_WRKFLOW and  perhaps overwrite the method GEN_FIELD_BO_ITM_FOR_APPROVER( if at all it is the item fields you want to update).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies Naveen.

1.      We have not implemented EhP1 for our demo sandbox currently. So, is there a way to enable edit           of SC in SoCo without EhP1 ? Right now, all links & SAP notes I see pertain to SRM 7.0 EhP1.
          We do not have EhP1 and that is what makes the situation tricky for me.

2.     So I take that a development is required. Do you have any input on the part 2 query I had.

Is it possible to sometimes trigger Approval with completion and other times trigger Approval (only)           process level type depending upon certain conditions for the same approver ? I don't know.

Again, thanks for your time & inputs.

Regards,

PD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My bad, I  thought you were on SRM 7.01. Sorry bout that.

1. In older versions I dont think it is possible to update fields in SOCO via configuration. You can look at enhancements but I am not sure.

2.Do you mean you want to skip and go to next level based on certain conditions? If so then it is possible via coding.

Regards,

Naveen

Answers (0)