Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messages in TBD status in RWB IE message monitoring

former_member335553
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I have messages in TBD status in RWB message monoitoring and log version of messages displayed in SXMB_MONI.

I understand that restarting XI_AF_MESSAGING from NWA will flush out the queue , However would like to understand

1. Once flushed out,  will the message be out into next level of processing or will it be in cancelled .

2. Is there any alternative apart from restarting the services. The issue mainly occured due to some slowness in PI and I would want these messages to be cancelled and should not be transferred to the receiver application .

Your advise is much  appreciated

Thanks

Anusha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First you need to do analysis like why message are in to be delivered status

if you are processing in EOIO mode then any message failure will create a problem, in this case you need to cancel or process failed message then resend to be delivered status messages in RWB/MONI.

if message struck at IE Level monitoring then check the status of message in SXMB_MONI,then take necessary action like activating queues..

if nothing worked then restart system but message will not moved to cancel status.

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anusha,

There are many posts in SDN which talk about how to handle problems associated with TBD messages... You probably want to get rid of the messages in TBD status. I think there is no way to delete these messages. You can try a Java restart or take help from Basis to restart the node... I have not tried XI_AF_MESSAGING service restart. If the messages have inherent issue that they cannot be processed, you can try these options. There is nothing to loose.

Hope it helps.

Ambrish

allamudi_loordh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi anusha,

please check whether Queue name is registered or not in SMQR. and moreover these will block further messages.

just check this note :

SAP Note 1623356

Regards,

Loordh.

former_member335553
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Loordh

Thanks for your message . I have checked it from SMQR earlier and it is XBQ0 queue and already registered .

I had gone through more notes and will try to check this one .

Any other means to cancel it ..or will the messages get cancelled when AF service is restarted

allamudi_loordh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

you have to cancel this message..then only other message will be processed otherwise they will get blocked.