cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Vehicle class and type combination error in ESS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have tried to put mileage for an employee in ESS. but essor is giving error that vehichle type and class combination is not permitted.

I have checked all config but cudn't find the error.

thanks in advance

Regards

Message was edited by: Sally Redmond - moving to Travel Management forum

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The few things, I have noticed in your screen shot.

- Firstly, in your 2nd screen shot, I do not see any entry for Vehicle Class. I assume that blank entry is maintained over there for one Vehicle class.

- Second, reimbursement group is also missing in your 2nd screen shot.

- Third, create the first entry of your vehicle type as blank.

Let us know, if the above is helpful.

Regards,

Anuj

S0017256970
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Sharma

Do you have Period Parameter set in IT 17 for those employees? IF yes, no w the config table T706F, if you have maintained the Period Parameter.It is a very common error that happens becasue the Master data is not maintained properly though you have done the configuration correctly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Tapas,

Done that period parameter config and mastained master data accordingly to... but still problem is persisting..

Regards,

S0017256970
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Show me the IT 17 screen shot and the table T706F screen shot. Trust me, this is a small defect so don't worry. We will fix it. Also what is your entry in table PTRV_TRVCT_XX?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi here you are...

S0017256970
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Why is your Trip Country showing blank? Also can you please expand V_T706F and open the entry.

S0017256970
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Also do one test for me.. Make the Period Parameter as Blank for the employee on IT 17. Then try to book an expense and see if you are getting the same error of Veh Type and Class combi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I see that employee has reimbursement grp travel cost as 1 but in config for we dont have rate for reimbursement grp 1.

So please maintain that and then check

Thanks

Alok

Srikanth02
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sharma,

Can you please check have you assigned any Cumulation procedure for Vehicle Type and Class in SPRO to your Trip Provision Variant.

And also, check this node -  Define Influence of Control Parameters: Travel Costs

Define Miles/Kms Cumulation & Assign Cumulation Procedure for Vehicle Types/Classes.

Regards,

S.Srikanth

0 Kudos

Hi there

This error mostly happens because of a wrong customizing in table T706F (and not maintained correctly then in IT0017 e.g the employee has a an entry ' " blank entry but none is existing in T706F) depending on your version and SP though, please check the SAP notes via search as there are also some notes for this error where it is bug rather than justified error. ]

E.g.  1798023 is a recent note whereby as the error will occur if date is hidden

What is the exact error you get also - did you try debugging it  - set an external breakpoint in the function module PTRM_UTIL_MESSAGE_APPEND as a start.    

Cheers

Sally