cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sap console for RF device(Terminal Based) in a non WM environment

0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a requirement to design a custom sceen in sap for running it in RF device(scanner) but the problem is its a non WM(non warehouse managed & is Terminal based scanner) so I can't use LM transactions. From the information available I got to know that I need to design module pool programing(screen) but what next I need to do.
Please provide me the steps to do the complete programing(any services activation or any thing else?).

Thanks in advance,

Jitendra Singh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hofmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAPConsole connects to SAP and transforms SAP screens from transactions / programs to telnet. To bring a transaction to a mobile device, you need

a) a mobile device with a telnet client installed

b) a telnet server that is supported by SAP for the SAPConsole use case (there is a note that gives you a list of 3 (4?) telnet servers and Windows telnet server is not in it)

c) SAPConsole

d) transactions: Dynpro programs. The actual transactions are classic dynpro programs with screens etc. No Web Dynpro applications!

To try it out, just install SAPConsole on your WIndows laptop, also install Windows telnet server* and make telnet server use SAPConsole. Using the windows CMD and telnet client you can then log on to your SAP system and call any transaction.

*this won't work with a RF device, it's just for testing purposes

0 Kudos

Thanks Tobias, will try and let you know.

0 Kudos

Thanks Tobias, your suggestion works. we successfully connected our RF device by telnet with sap console.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184221
Contributor
0 Kudos

What make and model number is the Terminal based scanner ?

0 Kudos

Hi,

The model number of RF device is AML M7220.

former_member184221
Contributor
0 Kudos

Interesting mobile device - runs cutdown linux - AML product m7220 the user manual says it comes with a telnet client, so you could try the advice from Tobias above.

0 Kudos

Thanks David, will try and let you know.