cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to publish URL as a value of an attribute in IDM 7.2 SP7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are trying to publish URL as a value of an attribute in IDM 7.2 SP7. We have functional spec document associated with each business role in SolMan. We want this link to be associated with a role in the user interface screen.

Is there a way to set a attribute value to be a hyperlink.

Thanks !!!

Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its not possible to get a clickable URL into the web-ui from an attribute value that might be entered by a user or other external source.This is a security measure and if you find a way to bypass it we will have to fix it with a security patch. The only link allowed I believe is the help url on the Presentation tabs of web-enabled tasks because they are entered by admins and are not dynamic.

Br,

Per Christian

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

thomas_groth2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

on a few occasions we use a html-file that we upload into an IDM attribute. That html-file includes a redirect to the wanted URL. (You could also generate that html-file with a job inside IDM.)

If you click that linked attribute in IDM, you get your URL opened. It works for us, but is not very handy.

Best Regards,

Thomas

terovirta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ABHISHEK RAJPUT wrote:

Is there a way to set a attribute value to be a hyperlink.

I doubt that the Web Dynpro UI let's the URL to be rendered as hyperlink (for security reasons, if the link refers a script etc).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Sounds like a good idea to me. Unless there is an attribute of MX_ROLE that you feel you could use for this purpose, creating a custom attribute is probably a good way to solve the problem. So create Z_SOLMAN_URL or similar and make it relevant for entry type MX_ROLE objects. I am assuming that you mean a business role in Solman will relate to an MX_ROLE object in IdM. Make this attribute a SingleLine type in the Presentation tab.

Then create a UI for MX_ROLE with your new attribute editable, plus at least MSKEYVALUE as read-only, or adjust an existing UI task. Verify that you can fit the URL in the field. If all that is okay, create a simple job with two passes:

1. a from ASCII file into a temporary table -  based on a CSV file with the first column your business roles and the second the URLs you want to upload. Add these to a new temporary table

2. a to Identity Store pass, and in the source tab select all the business roles you want to update using SQL, with the output the MSKEYVALUE of the roles and the URLS. Then in the destination tab do MSKEYVALUE %MSKEYVALUE% on the first line and Z_SOLMAN_URL %URLS%

I think that should work out okay for you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the response.

I got the idea how to create new attribute and display it in user interface for Entry Type MX_ROLE.

My primary question is how we can make displayed data as URL. We don't want user to copy and paste the same information in browser to see the Role's Functional Specs.

So basically in UI can it be a hyperlink?

Thanks!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think he's trying to get it to display as a hyperlink.  The only way I can think of is changing the presentation type but I don't think there's one for 'hyperlink'

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As Chris mentioned above, publishing hyperlinks in the IDM WebDynpro is not allowed for security reasons.

I can think of a few workarounds but they are all not great for various reasons:

1. Just put the URL in a custom attribute which users can then cut and paste.

2. Email / SMS the link

3. Use a script to create a shortcut link on the desktop

However if you're using 7.2, you might want to consider using the REST API to create a custom UI.  I don't believe that there's any restrictions if you go that route.

Matt