cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settling a Vistex Billback via SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have been using billbacks for several years without SD settlements.  I am working on configuring SD settlements and most of it seems to work.  The only problem I am seeing is that with the documents I have processed through SD, I am not able to generate correspondences because the BKPF entry is not being found.

The correspondence program is looking for BELNR = the sd document number, and BKPF has BELNR = the accounting document number with the sd document number in field XBLNR.

I'm sure it's a config issue, but I haven't been able to figure it out.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Larry Davis

Eaton's Cooper Industries

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vistex provided OSS note 1862676 to address the issue.  My thanks to Vistex for seeing the issue here and following up with my OSS message to help me address the problem.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

I am not getting your point. Are ypu looking for SD billing document numnber in BKPF or you are looking for accounting document and sd billing document number similat in BKPF? Please clear your requirement.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

The correspondence program is looking for the SD billing document number to be in field BELNR of table BKPF.  That record is not being found.  There *is* a record where the accounting document number is in field BELNR of table BKPF.  In that record, the SD billing document number is stored in field XBLNR.

What I don't know is

1.  Whether the correspondence program should be looking for the accounting document number in field BELNR, or if the correspondence program should be looking for the SD billing document number in field XBLNR.

and

2.  How to set the configuration so that the proper field/value is being queried.

Does that make more sense?

Thanks,

Larry Davis

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can copy SD document number in field XBLNR through copy control setting. Make settings in VTFL in your delivery order to billing document copy control. Select E in Reference field. This will fill SD billing document number in field XBLNR. For BELNR system saves accounting document number and we cannot change this through configuration. Now what you can do is change your program and tell that program to check accounting document in BELNR and SD billing document number in XBLNR

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well ... this is Vistex.  There is no delivery document.  That's OK because the SD billing document number is already appearing in field XBLNR.

I can't change the programs because they are standard Vistex programs calling standard SAP logic.  However, now that I think about it, I may be able to create Z programs that are copies of the standard Vistex programs that make the correct calls.

I will look into that approach, however the problem I have with it is that some other Vistex client has to have run into this problem before.  I find it hard to believe that there are no Vistex clients processing billbacks via SD and using correspondences.

Thanks,

Larry Davis