Display custom work items in HR Administrator Work Overview (UWL)
We have a requirement at a client to get their Leave Request Approval to escalate to the HR Administrator after X number of days. We managed to get the escalation in the workflow to work. The requirement is to get these escalated items to display in the HR Administrator Work Overview (UWL).
The initial thought was to create a "Shared Inbox" for the HR Administrator and link members of a certain team to this "Shared Inbox" by setting them up as substitutes to the HRADMIN user. The substitution piece works and when we click on the "Items on Behalf Of" button and we choose the HRADMIN user, it only shows the Leave Request items which escalated. The problem is that these escalated Approval item only appears in the Manager Self Service Work Overview (UWL) and not in the HR Administrator Work Overview (UWL). Members of the HR Administration team will not all have access to Manager Self Service and the UWL Work Overview for MSS.
I found this link below which seems to be pointing us in the right direction.
In order to get this working we have tried the following (based in part on the link mentioned above):
- Determine which view it displays for the HRAdmin Work Overview (sap_uwl_viewname parameter in the iView):
It displays com.sap.pct.erp.hradmin.HRAdminWDAView for this parameter in the iView.
- In the Standard HRAdmin XML in the UWL Configuration, I can see all the tasks which typically only display for an HR Administrator. These are all the HCM Processes and Forms approval tasks. So it will make sense to add my custom workflow approval tasks for the HR Administrator in here.
- I made a copy of the standard HRAdmin UWL XML configuration and added my custom task for the following parameters (see the XML configuration file attached):
- Added the relevant parameters in the SWFVISU transaction for the Leave Request Approval application.
- Registered the item types for the relevant backend system.
- Cleared the persistent UWL cache.
When I look at the UWL Work Overview for HR Administrator, I can see that there are 5 Open tasks (note the My Open Tasks 5/5 dropdown value).
This corresponds to the number of tasks in the HR Administrator Inbox in the backend Transaction SWI5:
According to the UWL Support information I can confirm that the system is using my custom configuration file (ZHRAdmin) and my task is displayed under Supported Item Types:
Is there anything obvious you can see that we are missing or maybe a step we did incorrectly. I suspect I am pretty much there with the My Open Tasks showing the same number of tasks as in the backend. I just need these Items to display in the Task List.
Points will naturally be awarded for helpful answers.
The above configuration was working all along. The UWL wasn't expecting the Substituted user in order to display the work items. I changed the Workflow Agent determination rule to send the workitem to all users who are substituted to the HR Administrator user and the work items started appearing in the Inbox.