cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid System Check in Access Request

freemann
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have setup a Change Account workflow in Access Request. When I first create the request for myself I notice Access Request adds parameters into the parameter tab that aren't for the system selected. When I go to submit the request it errors about the parameters and also states the User Group doesn't exist in another system that isn't a part of the request or added on the Parameters tab.

These are the messages:

User Group XXXXXXXXXXX is not valid for System XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.
Choose only systems for Usr Grps that exist under Usr Acc tab. XXXXXXXXX invalid

I have raised a Customer Message just wondered if anyone else had come across this issue.

We are on SP11

Regards

Nathan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Nathan

I had a quick look at the Parameters and User Group - I'm on SP12. When I choose modify my account and go tot he parameters tab, it shows the parameters I currently have. I'm not sure, however, if this is a design feature or a bug. But it seems that System/Roles tab does not impact the Parameters or User Groups Tab.

Adding Parameters - this bit is tied back to the System on User Access Tab. You have to have to have a system on that tab for the search of parameters to work

I tested a request where I added an ERP system but defaults for parameter appeared for a different system. I did not have issues in submitting the request.

For the user group, I thought I stumbled on a blog previously that user groups should exist across all systems. However, this might have been in relation to CUA.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

Regarding the user parameters, did you encountered problems on the provisioning part using multiple systems?

Kind regards,

NJ

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Nuno

Not sure what you mean by multi systems? If you are referring to the defaults, I used a BRFplus rule to identify which defaults group to use for the specific system. In the BRfplus rule, I had a decision table that looked at the System and the Business Unit the user belonged to so I could set the parameters as well as other defaults

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,
Probably I wasn’t clear enough.

The issues that I am facing when I am raising a request for a FF ID for ERP and BW (for example) in the same request, is:

1) If the user has parameters with empty values, I get the following message when I try to submit the request: Enter parameter value for Parameter F02 of System GRCPRDERP0
This can be overcome just by deleting the parameters with the empty values from the request.

2) When approving and provisioning the same request, I get the following message:
Choose only systems for Params that exist under Acc tab. GRCPRDERP0 is invalid

Have you come across this situation?

I think this issue is similar to the one reported by Nathan, but related to user parameters instead of usergroups.

Note: the End User Personalization doesn’t have the parameters tab setup as Mandatory.

Kind regards,

NJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

just to update this forum thread, we found the following SAP Note that can be relevant to the first issue related to the user parameters with empty value.

Note 1831393 - UAM: Error while saving empty parameters in Access Request

testing...

Kind regards,

NJ

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Nuno

For request type relating to FF Id do you have an Action for Defaults to be updated? I didn't experience any parameter Id warnings.

I recall I had the EUP did not have parameters as mandatory. For the FF Request Type I did not update user defaults.

The User Access Request Screen would default the user's current values in but they would be more a reference.

Possibly, on the MSMP approval step for approving, have a different EUP that doesn't include the parameters?

If not, you might need to raise a message with SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

the Note 1831393 - UAM: Error while saving empty parameters in Access Request,

resolved my issue.

I don't have anything defined at the user defaults, and the End User Personalization is correctly defined in MSMP, the parameters are not mandatory, probably this was just because of SP12.

thank you for all your help.

Kind regards,

NJ

Answers (0)