cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to activate multiple Legal Regulations for a product

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello - I am working on a requirement to add a new legal regulation along with the existing one in customs management for another country. The purpose is to classify product with the HTS codes of the new country. Is it possible to multiple legal regulations? I tried setting up the legal regulation but when I classify the product, the new legal regulation is not showing up in the classification screen. Please suggest.

So not sure whether I have configured correctly. The regulation is active but tried to activate it at the country level in the below location and getting the error: Corresponding entry in "Country" missing (Message no. SV534)

GTS>Activate Legal Regulation for custom processing and pre-declaration. Is there any other additional setting required?

Regards,

ll

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lucy,

I'm a little confused by your question.  You say that you have activated the new Legal Regulation, but also that you encounter an error when you try to activate it.  Those statements seem to contradict each other.

Perhaps you could let us know the IMGpath(s) you have already used to create and activate the Legal Regulation, and exactly when you get the error?

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave - Sorry for the confusion! I was able to activate the legal regulation at the country/country group level but not at country/country level not sure both the settings are required to activate a legal regulation.

Anyhow I was able to complete the step-1 but I get the error:Corresponding entry in "Country" missing (Message no. SV534) when performing the Step-2. I copied the new regulation from ACE which was US based and get this error when other countries are pulled in the column partn.Ctry column.

1. General Settings>Legal Regulation>Define Legulation (Created a new regulation in this path)

2. General settings>Legal Regulation>Activate Legal regulation at country/county group level

Please clarify how to correct the error and also suggest is this the only settings required activate the legal regulation.

Thanks

ll

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lucy,

If you are wanting to classify products with HS Tariff Codes, it suggests that you have Customs Management in mind.  For Customs Managment, it is only possible to activate a Legal Unit at the Country level, and indeed for only one country.  Perhaps that's where you are going wrong.  You need to decide which country is served by the Legal Regulation, and assign (then activate) that one uniquely.

After that, assign the relevant Numbering Scheme to the Legal Regulation (under IMGpath: General Settings > Numbering Schemes > Assign...).  Hopefully that will work ok for you.

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Dave - thanks! I did activate second legal regulation at the country level but it did not show up in the product master as you mentioned.  It looks like customs management cannot have multiple legal regulations.

My question is how we can use GTS for the following scenario's in logistics / supply chain:

Lets say for e.g. a legal regulation is active for the country -A and a product has been assigned to the tariff Code  of that country to handle imports .

1. How tariff code for the country B can be assigned to the same product in GTS. If business decides to transfer that product to country -B

2.  If this product is directly imported into country -B . How this product can be assigned to country B tariffcode?

Thanks-

ll

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lucy,

You certainly CAN have multiple Legal Regulations active in Customs Management.  The steps (and I thought you'd done them all) should be:

1. Create the LR for Customs Management (Gen > LR > Define LR)
  2. Activate the LR at Country level (Gen > LR > Activate LR...)
  3. Assign the Numbering Scheme (Gen > NS > Assign.. : Assign Scheme for Tariff Code Numbers)
  4. Activate the LR for Import (CuMa > Activate LR for Customs Processing..)

The above IMGpaths assume that you're using GTS 10.0.

Regards,

Dave

[by the way, you should mark your other question as "answered"]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave -

I was able to complete all the four config. steps but could not get the new regulation to work.

When I went to the transaction /SAPSLL/PR_CUSTOMS02 to classify the product, the new regulation does not show up.

am i missing any other steps?

Thanks

ll

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lucy,

Sorry to see that you're still having problems.  I don't think I missed any steps, but obviously something is not quite right...

In the definition of the Legal Regulation (step 1), did you maintain the "Original Country of LR"?  And did you use the same country as for the Activation in step 2?

In step 1, are you sure that you set the "Type of Legal Code" to '01' (Customs Processing)?

In step 3, did you use an existing Numbering Scheme, or a new one?  If it's a new one, then please try assigning an existing one (e.g. 'EU TARIC'), just to check that there's not a problem with the Numbering Scheme.  And did you use a "valid from" date in the past?

In step 4, did you activate the LR to "Check Arrival / Import"?

If none of those questions help, please let us know:

• Which GTS version you are using.
  • Which LRs you DO see when you classify a Product.

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dave for the clarification!

It worked fine this time.

Thanks

ll

Answers (0)