cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

failing dispatcher if ERP and Solution Manager are running on the same box

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have installed an ERP system and Solution Manager on the same Windows box. If only one of the two system is started, the started system is running fine. But when one system is already running and the other system is started, the dispatcher of the second system fails to start. It does not matter which system is running first. When I start with the ERP system the solution manager fails and vice versa. In both cases, the 'disp+work.EXE' process fails.

Host and system details:

• The host is Amazon EC2 instance running Windows 2008 R2 SP1 Server 64 bit (total memory 15 GB and Processing Power 8 ECUs) .
  • The ERP system is ERP 6.0 Support Release 3, MaxDB 7.8, Central System.
  • The Solution Manager 7.1 Support Release 1, MaxDB 7.8, Central System.

This is the error message from dev_disp file:

Using implementation view

<EsNT> Using memory model view.

<EsNT> Memory Reset disabled as NT default

*** ERROR => <EsNT> CreateFileMapping name=Global\ES_SEG_00_005 ,size=2044 MB, error=1455 [esnti.c      1276]

and

*** Error 11 while initializing OS dependent part.

*** ERROR => DpEmInit: EmInit (1) [dpxxdisp.c   10603]

*** ERROR => DpMemInit: DpEmInit (-1) [dpxxdisp.c   10517]

*** DP_FATAL_ERROR => DpSapEnvInit: DpMemInit

*** DISPATCHER EMERGENCY SHUTDOWN ***

I have increased the virtual memory paging file up to 23038 M as  the recommended size.

What additional configuration is needed to run ERP and solution manager at the same time?

Many thanks for your help!

Regards,

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member215981
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

I would recommand you to increase paging file.

Best Regards,

Yong Luo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yong Luo,

many thanks for your reply. Your instruction was right.

I am not an admin so that I don't know exactly how I should configure the system. The system is used as a demo system so that it won't be used in production.

I have two options:

- Automatically manage paging file size for all drives. In my case, I just have a single drive, C drive.

- Custom size, so that I can configure that setting manually.

Following your instruction, I set the page size to the recommended size which is defined on the form. The recommended size is 23038 MB. But this size was not big enough so that the dispatcher still failed.

Then I increased the paging size above the recommendation. The maximum Space available is 308933 MB (as defined on the screen) and I set the paging size to 300000 MB. This time, both system are starting and all processes are green.

Which option should I select - automatic or manual configuration?

If I have to define a size, which size should I select?

Many thanks for your help!

Regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks - The same scenario for me and same solution as well

Regards

Vijay

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Ranjith418
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Andreas,

Please check if below solutions in below forums help you.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3191530

http://scn.sap.com/message/8715751

Thanks,
Ranjith

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This means that the memory usage configured for both system + DB is higher than the available physical memory on the box.

I will suggest to reduce the amount of memory assigned for both systems in parameter PHYS_MEMSIZE and check and reduce if possible the amount of memory allocated to the Database.

On the other hand you can add more RAM to the virtual box.

Page file size of 20Gb is ok.

Regards, Juan