cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No value is assigned to parameter RFC Receiver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am running one of the PI interface, it indicates green status in monitoring, but noi updates found in SAP which is suppose to create IDoc or Order.

When I test run mapping I get below error message:

No value is assigned to parameter RFC Receiver

What might be the issue, what I can cross check?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In your mapping, maybe one of your fields has an RFC lookup. At runtime this parameter can be passed automatically but in test mode you must specify it.

If that is the case, in your Message Mapping Test Tab, look towards bottom of sub-window (middle of screen) for bottom tab "Parameters". Here specify the RFC channel you want to have used while testing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, for general troubleshooting in this case, check the SM58 transaction in PI and verify nothing is stuck there (because of bad RFC Destination parameters).

Former Member
0 Kudos

At bottom I found this Parameters Tab and when looked into it found that RFC Receiver parameter was blank I have provided that values and it worked.

So, next question can I debug rfc FM from this test mode? to see what going on and why not it is creating Order/IDoc.

And one more question to clarify If I runn interface mapping with this TEST option it will not update any this in SAP database right. This test option I can use it in Production alos right?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi APat

This testing tab will not send the resulting message through to SAP (as IDOC etc). However, it will query the SAP backend through the RFC Lookup function you've noticed.

In troubleshooting your missing Order IDOC this testing step may not be necessary.

You should trace the steps through from end-to-end. Start with source adapter, through to SXMB_MONI, and then outbound so you can pinpoint where it failed. Only then might you need to check the mapping.

Have you checked SXMB_MONI for your message? Follow the sender adapter (whatever the source of your order) and look for the time when it was sent. After finding it in SXMB_MONI, does it have checkered flag, green flag, red flag, etc?

If it is Red, then you may the right track with testing the mapping here. The error will give you a clue, maybe it is mapping exception or a logical routing issue in your config. If it is a mapping problem, copy your source payload from the inbound message in SXMB_MONI, paste it into test, run the map, and inspect the output (should look like IDOC in XML structure).

If the flag wasn't red, maybe checkered, have you checked SM58 to see if PI had trouble sending it out the RFC Destination used for sending the IDOCS?

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check you interface determination if you have a value for the importing parameter "RFC Receiver".

Hope this helps,

Mark

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

please check in SM58 in PI if the messages are stuck due to RFC destination not configured properly.

Aaron has replied correctly on the unit testing part.

Ambrish

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What type of interface it is?If you are creating order thorugh IDoc then monitoring IDoc adapter not possible if are on PI dual stack .

What is that status of interface in SXMB_MONI? Black and white glaf indicates message deleievred to Receiver adapter.

Have you checked in WE02  in ECC for any IDoc?

Attach sxmb_moni screen here.

Thank you,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Message is in Processed successfully status. In ECC WE02 I don't see any details and thats the issue it didn't created Idoc in SAP. Anthing I can cross check further or test it further.

PPI is calling one of ECC rfc FM to save Order & Create IDoc.

Thanks.

APat.

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

RFC might have returned an error. Which RFC are you using and how are you doing error handling ?

Ambrish