Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIM_ERR_FAILED: No such association class: SAP_DBSystemInstance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All.

I am experiencing the error in subjet during an Homogenouse System Copy:

- SAP Release:   NW7.30 (both source and target)

- DB Release:     DB6 (9.7 FP4 source - 10.1 FP2 target)

- OS Release:     AIX 6.1

- SWPM version: 1.0 SP01 (both source and target)

The import stops in the "Enable Role Concept" phase with the following error:

com.sap.sld.api.wbem.exception.CIMException: CIM_ERR_FAILED: (//local_E/active) No such association class: SAP_DBSystemInstance

at com.sap.cim.lib.objmgr.core.OMError.newException(OMError.java:264)

at com.sap.cim.lib.objmgr.core.OMError.newException(OMError.java:280)

at com.sap.cim.lib.objmgr.providers.common.AbstractClassCache.collectReferencesOrAssociators(AbstractClassCache.java:168)

at com.sap.cim.lib.objmgr.providers.common.AbstractClassCache.references(AbstractClassCache.java:613)

at com.sap.cim.lib.objmgr.core.AssociationTraversal$Collector.execute(AssociationTraversal.java:328)

at com.sap.cim.lib.objmgr.core.AssociationTraversal.collectAssociatorNames(AssociationTraversal.java:184)

at com.sap.cim.lib.objmgr.requests.WBEMAssociatorNames.execute(WBEMAssociatorNames.java:89)

at com.sap.cim.lib.objmgr.requests.WBEMAssociatorNames.execute(WBEMAssociatorNames.java:16)

at com.sap.cim.lib.objmgr.requests.WBEM_ReadRequest.execute(WBEM_ReadRequest.java:45)

at com.sap.cim.lib.objmgr.core.CIMObjectManager.executeReadRequest(CIMObjectManager.java:1587)

at com.sap.cim.lib.objmgr.core.CIMObjectManager.execute(CIMObjectManager.java:1571)

at com.sap.cim.lib.objmgr.core.CIMObjectManager.associatorNames(CIMObjectManager.java:899)

at com.sap.cim.lib.core.WBEMLocalExtendedClient.associatorNamesImpl(WBEMLocalExtendedClient.java:548)

at com.sap.sld.api.wbem.client.WBEMAbstractClient.associatorNames(WBEMAbstractClient.java:555)

at com.sap.sld.api.std.tech.SLD_Database.remove(SLD_Database.java:226)

at com.sap.inst.systemhistory.SystemHistory.setSystemHome(SystemHistory.java:283)

at com.sap.inst.systemhistory.SystemHistory.main(SystemHistory.java:552)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

at com.sap.engine.offline.OfflineToolStart.main(OfflineToolStart.java:162)

Can anybody help?

Best Regards,

Marco

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Hemanth for the first and usefull answer.

Below the necessary steps to solve the issue

0. Create a SLD Support Info file as per note 1235043

1. Go to http://<srchost>:<port>/sld/domains.jsp choose EDEN

2. Start EDEN if it's not running (Administration -> Start EDEN)

3. Go to Home -> CIM Classes

4. Search for "DB System Instance" (without quotes). This corresponds to technical name "SAP_DBSystemInstance" - the problem I had

5. "No search results found" is expected

6. Go to Administration -> Import

7. Import the CIM model *only* (note 669669, CIM model only, CR Content is not needed - uncheck the content checkbox)

8. Create the new version of the Support Info file (as per point '0')

9. Repeat steps '3' and '4'

10. This time a hit is expected.

11. If '10' succeeds, repeat export and import!

NOTE:

To be on a safe side, before CIM import perform a backup.

Hope this steps can help!

Regards,

Marco

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hemanth,

thanks for your response.

I've opened an OSS Message for this error.

SAP answered I only need activate the EDEN and update the CIM Model.

I'll update the steps needed to solve the issue once I succesfully perform the Java system copy.

Unfortunatly, as you said, I need to export/import again.

Regards and have a nice day,

Marco

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Marco ,

Hope you are doing good.

This is a known issue due to old CIM model. Make sure that the source system is on the latest CIM model version and SAP_CR version of SLD. If not, please update the source system and after that you will need to create a new backup and perform the target system installation from scratch.For your reference, please check the SAP note #669669.

Thank you and have a nice day :).

Kind Regards,

Hemanth