cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External acess to R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can I allowed an external acess by a Quality Audit Company to SAP QM without compromising the security?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

why don't you Use webdynpros and Enterprise portal (Iviews) these are meant for accessing data from R/3 , personalisation,coustomisation,User interface etc..

so that you can have security.

try to explore webdynpro,Ep6.0

hope this helped you

Regards,

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RK,

Nuno is actually asking for giving access to external autidors for existing QM functionality of R3. I agree that webdynpro and Enterprise portal offers a lot of functionaliy for browser based interface but if you want to expose existing transactions(functionality) of R3 the only way to do that is using SAPGUI (over VPN) or webGUI service of ITS. Webdynpro and EP are good for new development, converting existing functionality to these technology requires lot of effort/money.

As such it is not even clear which version of R3 they are using and what functionality they want to expose.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I'm using R/3 Enterprise 6.20 and I want to expose 5 or 6 transaction codes.

Best Regards

NM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nuno,

Both the options I mentioned earlier are valid for you. Only way to access existing ABAP transaction from a browser is using ITS 'webgui' service. Unless you want to completely re-write user interface for these transactions (even SAP has not been successful in doing so, otherwise they would have done it by now). ITS is free and you can install it very quickly, only thing to remember is WGATE should be installed on a system which is accessible to external users.

If you can configure or have already configured VPN for your organization then you can provide GUI to you external users and they can access these transaction using GUI like you do.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which version of R3 are you running ?

There are several possibilities -

1. ITS ( Internet Transaction Server ).

2. Using VPN, you can allow them to log on to your network by allowing them access via VPN.

Regards,

Sanjeev