Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to 53, 54 or 55

patrickbachmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

In order to fix a couple of issues we are having we have been told we need to upgrade from 48 to version 53.  But we can see that 54 and 55 is now available.  My question is if any of you other folks are on any of these newer releases and if you've had any problems?  I'm trying to read everything I can and discuss before making a decision on which version to upgrade to.

Thanks,

-Patrick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually there is a pretty strong reason to go for rev55, which was released in kind of a hurry to cover some potentially huge problems with revs 52-54, if you have medium to complex sql-scripted calc views. Check SAP Note 1852425.

1852425 SAP HANA appliance: Revision 55 of SAP HANA database

Issues solved with this revision

o  After an upgrade of the SAP HANA database to revision 52,53, or

54 you might experience long running queries or even out of

memory situations for very complex script-based calculation

views. For a more detailed description please see SAP Note

1852300 (SAP HANA: Filters on SQL CalcViews are not being pushed down).

o  Due to problems with the internal clean-up of memory, the so

called pool/ValueArray memory area is not properly released

particularly after queries running into out-of-memory situations.

A potential cause of the out-of-memory situation could be the

symptom described above.

patrickbachmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks guys.  Henrique's post sold me on rev 55 as I do have some fairly complex SQL script.  At least in my mind I like to think they are genius but reality is probably not.  Haha.  Appreciate your feedback as always.

-Patrick

jon_humphrey
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have recently upgraded to rev 55 and have experienced massive degradation of performance in certain scenarios that were not problematic in Rev 52 (complex SQL script in procedures).  SAP are looking into this at the moment.  I would advise caution and a great deal of regression testing.

Thanks,

Jon

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member93896
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

per definition newer revisions contain less bugs and are of better quality than older ones (since they are all cummulative and include all previously known fixes). Revision 55 is the way to go.

The one and only argument against this would be a regression i.e. breaking something that was working before. SAP is trying hard to avoid such situtations.

So go for revision 55 🙂

Regards,
Marc
SAP Customer Solution Adoption (CSA)

SK-EA
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Patrick,

We recently updated our SAP Hana Studios to Rev 54 and faced no issues during update and as well as post updated. Also many new features were there in Rev 54.

Regards,

Srinivas K.