cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Node reference to dictionary structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have an issue when I have a node referring to a dictionary structure. What I did was created a node in component controller and assigned a dictionary structure to the node and kept adding fields from the structure.Later on I modified the dictionary structure by adding new fields. Then I updated my mapping for the node in comp controller and then view and then tried to bind the new field to my view element.The new fields were greyed out and not possible to use the new fields at all.

But I am able to read context attributes values for the new fields in the methods.

Not sure if this an issue with the framework or is it some step I am missing out between update mapping and binding to UI element.

Regards,

Chamu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chamu,

When I've seen this before, believe it or not it resolved by itself when I closed out of ECC and logged back in. My guess is there is some object memory cache that needs a little nudge to update. See if that works for you.

Cheers,
Amy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amy,

Yes it works this way.As you said looks like a memory issue.

Thanks,

Chamu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

You might have to check the binding of the table you did in the view, It might be taking a text view for those fields by default. You will have to go and change the field type to Input field to make it work.

Go to tabkle binding in View and chekc the field property of the field you have added newly.

Hope wthis helps you.

Thanks

Phani