cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP Capacity planning 9APPROD total value not working?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are using SCM 5.0 SP15.

I have copied the standard 9ASNP02 planning area and set up a standard planning book with key figure 9APPROD ( Production (Planned)) and some. We are using two almost similar Single-Mixed resources (RES1 & RES2), Product 100 and Plant X.

I have created two Production (Planned) orders for Product 100 in Plant X. Orders are using different resource as such:

Order 643500001 , Product 100, Plant X, Uses resource RES1

Order 643500002 , Product 100, Plant X, Uses resource RES2

Now I open RES1 & RES2 in Capacity view, 9APPROD shows total value correctly when I am in Product total level however when I drill-down to product level it shows only one order instead of two orders (RES1 & RES2 still in total level). Am I missing some settings and should I even see two orders?

Thanks in advance,

Juha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Juha,

There might be an issue with the macros. You can easily verify this by using standard data view 9ASNP94 -> SNP94(2). If the issue not resolved even with this standard view, please raise a ticket for SAP support. Otherwise, you can compare the macros from standard and custom macro books and correct if there is any difference.

Thanks,
Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh and thank you for the response,

I deactivated all macros in the data view and still having the same problem. So I strongly believe it is not the macros that are causing this. I will most likely raise a ticket for SAP support as I truly don't know what could be causing this kind of behavior.

Thanks,

Juha

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juha,

I would approach the issue this way.

1) In the Capacity View, select each resource individually.

Select the Dependent object (products) and confirm that the order for each resource is visible, on the lower grid for the product.

Also, that the upper grid shows the impact of the order on the capacity.

If all this works, then go to the step 2. Otherwise, there is a problem with one of the orders (live cache/Planning area consistency, or else master data changes created an issue.)

2) Select both resources, and select the dependent objects (products). If the products and corresponding orders don't display, then there is an issue - open a message to SAP.

Regards,

Roger Weinberg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roger,

Thank you for your response.

1. I selected one resource individually but when I selected dependent objects (products) the selection somehow changed the resources back to total and presented the products with resources in total level? So the situation is now same as if I would have made the 2. option below. Could you clarify is this normal behavior?

2. Dependent objects works correctly when both resources are selected.

Regards,

Juha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juha,

I mimicked your example of one product that can be built using a different resource (2 pdses).

when I select an individual resource and select the dependent objects (products, pdses or location), I see the orders broken out by product in the lower grid.

When I select both resources and select the dependent object (product), I see in each time bucket, the orders split by resource.

It sounds from your description like the SCM 5.1 system doesn't allow dependent object selection for individual resources. Check if you get the same behavior with the PPM/PDS or location selection.  I would recommend sending a message to SAP.

Regards, Roger Weinberg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roger,

I decided to send a message to SAP. I do get the same results as you do even though system does drill back to resource total level. Resources show total name but still shows only one resources capacity and such. Hopefully SAP can give some help to this problem. As I already stated before the issue is not in the dependent objects it is in the header selection.

Thank you all for your input

Regards,

Juha

former_member584840
Participant
0 Kudos

Have you run the consistency check?

/SAPAPO/TS_LCM_CONS_CHECK

Our SNP system needs this run often.

Are you using PDS or PPM's?

How are you diverting the orders to the different resource? eg manually changing source of supply in RRP3?

Which is the default in the PDS or PPM?

j

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I have but the issue is not linked to anything like that.

I am using PDS.

I get a selection window (Determination of Source of Supply) when I insert Production (Planned) amount in interactive planning.

Resource that has the higher capacity is selected as default.

Br,

Juha