cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SC net value changes when exchange rate changes but the PO at the back end does not reflect the changes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on SRM 5.0.

The shopping cart is raised on Day 1 in portal, it uses the most current conversion to calculate the conversion net value.

So PO created at the backend with the same net value.

When we view the SC at a later date in APEX, the currency conversion used is again the latest one available, and it is not fixed at the one from the date it was raised.

But when we view the same PO in ECC at a later date, the currency does not change but remains at the original values.

there is no synchornization between portal and ECC.

For eg:

Day 1 shopping cart raised for 1200 EUR

it converts to 1200 * 0.81475 = 977.7 GBP(PO also created with Same value in back end)

on Later date: now the new exchange rate will be 0.82342 for EUR to GBP

so 1200 * 0.82342 = 988.10 GBP

In portal the for the shopping cart already created the net value changes to 988.10 GBP but not in PO it remains same as 977.7 GBP

I tried to see SAP notes but it didn't help to solve the issue.

And also tried to debug the badi's BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI but no use.

Whether it is standard behaviour or the custom one.

If it is custom is there any other badi's whether i need to debug?

Can anyone pls help on this.

Regards

Ram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is the standard behaviour. Whenever you open the SC, it will calculate & display the value based on present exchange rate.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yep, I can confirm that is a standard behaviour (it's a crap for me but sap developed this that way).

I have official message from OSS if you want.

Many customers wants to change this, so we enchanced code and 'freeze' price like PO.

Regards,

Marcin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcin,

Can you share the official answer from SAP?

We are having the same issue. User and company code currency (PPOMA attribute) is in MXN. User raises SC item with 1000 USD. In BBP_PD we see gross price and net price as 1000 USD. Later on, SC item is changed and it automatically recalculates the price based on Exchange Rates and now we see in BBP_PD as 1000 USD as gross price and 997.07 USD in net price.

PO is created at 997.07 USD which is incorrect, as the user is expecting a PO for 1000 USD.

Thanks in advance.