Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete an item from sales order after invoicing and invoicing cancellation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm facing the following issue:

I created a sales order with 3 items. I invoiced the above items by VA02 and then I cancelled the invoice by VF02.

After this I cannot delete an item in the sales order by VA02.

I would only to invoice 2 of the 3 items of the sales order.

Is there any way to do this?

If I delete the price condition system generates the error that is mandatory to specify a price and doesn't allow to save the sales order.

Thanks

Best regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you reversed the PGI and deleted Delivery document?

While deleting line item from Sales order, are you getting the below message:

Item XXXX cannot be deleted because of subsequent document.

Please clear all subsequent documents you have created for this.

The best approach is keep reason for rejection for the item which you want to delete.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in the sales order I have services.

I confirm that while deleting the message error is:

Item XXXX cannot be deleted because of subsequent document.

Please clear all subsequent documents you have created for this.

What do you mean with

"The best approach is keep reason for rejection for the item which you want to delete"

Thanks

Regards

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

After creation of Sales Order ,If you dont want any Line Item to process to Delivery and Billing Level then  If you maintain Reason for Rejection ,It can not process to Delivery and Billing Level .

Note : This is the meaning of that Statement .

Thanks,

Naren

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What i am trying to say is, if you have any subesequent documents for the sales order (check document flow), system will not allow you to delete the line item and it will give you the message which you are getting.

First reverse/cancel/delete the subsequent documents. Now, come to sales order keep reason for rejection for the line item ( Line item - status - reason for rejection)which you don't want to bill it to customer.

Now, create remaining transactions for the rest of the line items.

Please let me know if you need any further details.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

0 Kudos

No need to delete the complete delivery document. Remove only the unwanted line item from the delivery document. Then do the PGI and invoice for the remaining line items and updated the removed line items in sales order by putting the reason for rejection.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First you have to cancel billing ( VF11) , Reverse the goods( VL09 ) and delete the delivery ( VL02n) then Sales Order will be Open. Now keep reason for rejection for the line item and save the document.

Then create delivery and invoice.

Regards

A.S.Rao

SAP SD Consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is possible to solve also like this:

Add new lines to the SO.

The wrong lines of SO previously created could be locked in the “Status” tab of the item and is possible to add in the description field “CANCELED” to remember these are not to be used anymore.

The alternative could be to create a new quotation with the correct lines then create a new sales order with reference to the new quotation and proceed with this new one SO

Thanks

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Guest,

As we are discussing reason for rejection, I would suggest you to go to VA03, at line item level, Tab Sales A, field "Reason for rejection" and read F1 Help.

It has been explained well there!

SAP F1 Help (extract):

Use

The rejection can come from your organization (for example, you can reject a customer request for a credit memo because it is unreasonable) or from the customer (for example, the customer rejects a quotation because the price is too high).

Also interesting -

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2062796

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Guest.,

When creating Invoice through T-Code VF01 enter the Sales Order Number & there is a option for Selection List.

Click on this Selection list Button & system will show you all the three line items of the Sales Order. Here you can select required Item & create the Invoice only for selected Item.

You can also enter Reason for Rejection as suggest by others above.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh,

Your solution is workable. But, there is practical difficulty here, when user runs the VF04 the order will be shown as due for billing.

Also, the document flow will never show the order has been completed.

So, its advisable to keep reason for rejection.

Regards, Sai Krishna

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jignesh,

When creating Invoice through T-Code VF01 enter the Sales Order Number & there is a option forSelection List.

Click on this Selection list Button & system will show you all the three line items of the Sales Order. Here you can select required Item & create the Invoice only for selected Item.

Is the above applicable for all item categories?

Thank you!

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Invoice Cancellation done by VF11 not by VF02 .

I would only to invoice 2 of the 3 items of the sales order.

Is there any way to do this?

First of all , Cancel Invoice by VF11 and reverse Delivery by VL09 and Shipment cancel by VT02N and in VA02 ,you need to delete whatever you want and do proper way like before how you did .

If I delete the price condition system generates the error that is mandatory to specify a price and doesn't allow to save the sales order.

Price Condition means any Condition Type ? If yes might be that Condition Type is Mandatory in V/08 .So,you need to uncheck that Condition Type is not mandatory or required options in V/08.

How system exactly treating you in your system ? what is the exact problem ,system showing

If you have any doubts please let me know .

Thanks,

Naren

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naren,

The best approach to cancel the Invoice is VF11. But, you can do by using VF02 as well.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Thank you for your statement .

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

The invoice has been just deleted, it is a service and there are not goods issue.

I would not delete the sales order and modify the price condition that is actually mandatory.

Is there any way to lock the item so that will be invoiced only the remaining items?

Thanks

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Is there any way to lock the item so that will be invoiced only the remaining items?

Yes, By Reason for Rejection only ,you can lock it to dont process to Delivery and in Billing Level .

Note : Maintain Reason for rejection and do again your process .

If you have any doubts please let me know .

Thanks,

Naren

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Narendra, Sai,

Interesting discussion -

The best approach to cancel the Invoice is VF11. But, you can do by using VF02 as well.

I would like to state here that the transaction code for cancelling an invoice is VF11.

From VF02, user goes to VF11 and here he/she can cancel an invoice / billing document.

So Guest saying:

and then I cancelled the invoice by VF02.

Is (technically) incorrect!