Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically hide elements with initial Data

arne_husemann
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am currently facing the requirement to hide fields, subforms and other elements if the data binding returns inital data. I have already done some research on this issue and found lots of solutions which use FormCalc or JavaScript to achive this. I tried some of them with success. But during my efforts I noticed that the Preview function in LifeCycle Designer fulfills this requirement out of the box. The preview does only show fields and tables if they are supplied with data.

However if I use the Adobe Document Services to generate the document all initial fields and tables show up.

Please note that I am using the LifeCycle Designer without transaction SFP. This is the standard process to designdocument templates in CRM.

The versions of software I use:

LifeCycle Designer 10

Adobe Reader X

SAP Basis 740

Any help on this is highly appreciated.

Best regards,

Arne

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arne,

I assume you trigger your form through ADS using your customized print program.

Try this. Change your structure of sfpdocparams fillables = 'X'.

Thanks.

regards,

Xiang Li

arne_husemann
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Xiang,

thank you for your helpful answer. I tried the suggested solution, but producing an Interactive Form has several other negative effects. But you set me on the right track, the different rendering was caused by the render format. On the server side it was set to "Static PDF Form", while the PDF Preview was configured to use "Dynamic XML Form". If the dynamic layout is used on the server as well all elements with initial data are hidden.

Best regards,

Arne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arne,

Most welcome.

You are absolutely right in your explanation. Thanks.

regards,

Xiang Li

Answers (0)