cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New SAP system from existing one

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Techies,

We are planning to build a new test system by copying production.

Will use the same for testing etc.

In process of this we just installed SQL 2008R2 and restored the database from production into this.

What is the way to build SAP application on that? Does copying SAP instance files and creating SAP service helps?

Regards,

Nick Loy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

I understand that you have installed MSSQL s/w and copy the data and log files from production.

In such a case your database instance is installed.

You may install CI instance ( part of Distributed SAP setup) it shall create all the instance files and services.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Akshay_G
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

I have a query on this scenario.

Once a DB Instance is installed with all the Data, would it be possible to Install SAP using SAPinst/SWPM and at the Input parameter of Creating SAP Database, can we use this existing DB in case of Central Instance Type installation.

I am not sure if this is the right way to do it or should be done via System Copy (Source Export & Target Import) method in SAPinst/SWPM.

Regards,

Akshay.

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Few days back, i had a experience, my \usr\sap folder is crashed (sap on windows with sql server 2008)...I just had the backup of database alone.I had the kernel files too. I used SWPM and rebuild the system with those database backup and kernel file which is really fast and simple.

@Nick : same way you can have the backup of your production database, download the kernel file and use SWPM to build the new system.

@Deepak : Please let me know other possible options as well.

regards

karthik

former_member184473
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

and you can proceed the system copy with database methods (detach/attach or backup/restore) as per note 151603.

Regards,

Eduardo Rezende

Answers (0)