Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Added field to RFC interface, not appears in MONI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I have a new issue in a PI interface.

My scenario is an interface from SOAP to RFC.

A few days ago, I added a new parameter to my RFC. I've added it in SE37 and reimported the object in PI.

After the new import, I can see the new field on PI and add it on message mapping. After this, operation mapping test was always correct; filling the new field.

However, now that the interface is running...I can see in PI MONI the processed messages, and, I am surprised because in the Payload XML after mapping...the new field is missing; It's like i've never added it.

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It was a problem with CIM classes & instantes configuration. Finally solved 🙂

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once again happened after adding new fields.

Solved after restarting Java from ICM Monitor!

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may also try full CPA cache refresh. If that does not work, you can opt for a dirty fix. Copy the RFC to a new name and that should work.

cheers,

Ambrish

ernesto_cruz
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear, I face a similar case. Usually the error was corrected, performing any of the following operations.

1) Verify the mapping of new field, from ESR, local test.

2) Delete and add the operation mapping, so contain metadata RFC.

3) From trx sxi_cache, execute start delta cache refresh, then a few minutes, do new test

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We encountered this a lot back in PI 7.0.  You might want to try reactivating your Integration Directory objects especially the ones using the RFC structure (i.e. Receiver Determination) and the Operation Mapping (i.e. Interface Determination). For reactivation, you can just enter a space in the description so that you can save the objects and activate.  It's possible that the cache is still using the old mapping object and/or RFC structure and so you have to "force" PI integration directory to recognize the changes with the objects from ESR. You can even go as far as reloading the operation mapping in the Interface Determination and recreating the Receiver Determination to reload the RFC object.

In PI 7.3, we don't have to do the reactivation anymore.  Looks like the cache is better handled in this version.

I hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've just done this...and bad news.

I've reimported RFC definition, message mapping, op.mapping, regenerate configuration objects...and nothing.

PI desperate me :-S

allamudi_loordh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Did you change the Program Id in RFC channel. Better create new and try ..

Regards,

Loordh.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>I've reimported RFC definition, message mapping, op.mapping, regenerate configuration objects...and nothing.

it's as easy as I've told you - you don't mention trying the standard way form OSS note (restarting RFC service by restarting j2ee server for example) but it's up to you - if you got time you can play with other ways

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

I've just restarted Java via SCICM but there was no luck.

Any other ideas? This PI issues kill me 😞

allamudi_loordh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SAP_ES,

Even i have also faced this kind of problem some time back..what i have done is created new RFC channel with new RFC destination of tyep T.. and started executing again..now it worked..

Hope it may help you.. or you can try check in sxmb_moni of ECC what it is sending.

Regards,

Loordh.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>> created new RFC channel with new RFC destination

As mentioned by Michal, just restarting the channel from runtime workbench is enough to refresh the meta data...

/Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all...I'll try!

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you need to restart RFC adapter on PI to see the new RFC fields (as they RFC metadata needs to be refreshed) - quickes option is to restart j2ee stack or whole PI - then the fields will appear,

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk