cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Solution Manager Career Prospects

Former Member

Hi All ,

I am new to SAP World and have been placed in Solution Manager Profile with a MNC. I wanted to know the future prospects and career progression path

in field of SAP Solution Manager ?

Appreciate an early response.

Cheers !

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

TomCenens
Active Contributor

Hi Sanjay

The SAP Solution Manager product area keeps expanding and keeps getting more and more popular at customer side. There is a rise in demand for SAP Solution Manager skills.

Even within SAP Solution Manager, different roles can potentially exist which lean towards either technical, functional or something in between (or a mixture of both).

Of course the above doesn't guarantee anything, the same rules apply, one has to get lucky to some extent, land on the right spot to thrive and so on. The only thing I can say is that I wouldn't consider it a bad move to get started in SAP Solution Manager.

Best regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

Personally speaking being a solman technical consultant, It is always a added advantage wrt SAP Basis and moreover most of the task in solman are one time activity wherein you do the task and keep providing the support. My suggestion to you is, if you are a technical solman consultant, spend some time to understand SAP wrt to basis perspective. Solution Manager with SAP basis is like a icing on the cake which will directly increase you market value.

SOLMAN 7.1 is simply superb in all the aspects of its functionality. Hope most of the customers will get impressed with its functionality and deploy more work. But it can't be guaranteed.

Regards

Shanthosh

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I partially agree with Shanthosh, there are different aspects with being solman consultant. As everybody agree, Basis background is added advantage for any solman consultant. But there is also kind of 'disadvantage' in having Basis background since customer considers Basis with Solman as purely Technical consultant and your chances of functional exposure gets diminished in such cases. You need to prove your skill in order to get projects in functional aspects of solman.

So if someone wants to excel as pure Solman consultant , then it is advisable to learn Functional side of solman too. Try to learn CRM and some BI basics along with Basis to have a complete know how knowledge of solman.

In short, solman is 30% CRM + 20% BI + 40% Basis +10% ST (purely my interpretation  )

All the best !!!!  Keep visiting this place to learn "what to do/what not to do" in solman

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

thnx guys , this will certainly help