Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reversal of J2I8 credit

former_member221515
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

We took 50% in current year using J2I8 credit RG23C Part 2 register. There were around 993 line items which got posted in J2I8.

But we came to know that, we have wrongly taken credit of some invoice (around 35 invoices), because its pertaining to current year. We want to reverse these 35 line items for which we took wrongly credit.

Please suggest how to reverse these 35 wrong credits taken through J2I8

--DA.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can reverse the entry in J1IH for those 35 invoices.

former_member221515
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no "Reverse" button by which reversal can be done. I understand that I need to post debit entry manually for the wrong credit taken

former_member187965
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

J1IH - Excise JV and FI JV both are manual entries only. The only difference is, if you want the adjustment entry effect in excise registers and G/L accounts then do it through J1IH and if you want the effect only in G/L accounts and not in excise registers then do it through FI JV.

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I didnot say there is an Reverse button. I said you may do the adjustments as required in J1IH.

brinda_r
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The only way to get back the credit back to on hold is to post a J1IH with the same amount as the original document (through J1IH > Additional excise) and then reversing the other half for which the credit has already been taken (through J1IH > Other adjustments)

Regards,

Brinda

former_member187965
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no reversal of J2I8. You have to do it through one of the following adjustments,

1) J1IH - Other Adjustments - If you want the JV effect to be displayed in Excise Register.

2) FI JV - Adjustment is done to direct G/L accounts. If you don't want the adjustment to be displayed 

in Excise Registers.