cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mandatory field indicator (check marks) do not show up in SAP screens

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I create a new vendor or material or anything else in SAP, the check marks that indicate a mandatory field don't show up. Where can I fix that?

In the screen shot below, name and country should be mandatory and have check marks, but as you can see, they don't. Please advise

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue has been resolved. I just reinstalled the GUI.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I should clarify. The image I posted was just an example. The fields are still recognized as mandatory by SAP because when I press enter it tells me to fill them out. The problem I'm having is that I don't know which fields are mandatory by looking at the screen (which would be indicated by the check marks in the text field), I have to press enter every time until SAP allows me to move on to the next page.

So again, my problem isn't specific to Vendor master, none of the transactions in SAP are showing the check marks for their mandatory fields.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I already expected that after having read the question again when it was moved.

This sounds like a problem with the SAP Gui.

Until when was it normal and when did it change?

Have you installed a new Gui? what version of Gui are you running? did you get a Kernel update.....

I will move this discussion to the GUI space now, maybe the guys there have any idea about that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can make the Vendor name as mandatory through the below mentioned menu path

SPRO -> Logistics General -> Business Partner -> Vendors ->Control ->Define Account Groups and Field Selection (Vendor) ->choose the account group and in generla data select address where you can mark as mandatory against the Name1 t omake the vendor name as mandatory.

Regards

Kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmad,

The fields status are controlled by account group which you are using at the time of vendor master creation. Check the tcode OMSG for the account group field status. and in OMSX for transaction dependent selection for vendor master.

Regards,
Anoop Singh

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

About SCN is for general SAP Community Network related discussions only.

To get a quick (or any) response, create your new discussion in a space related to your query.  This way it will be visible to topic experts who will then see and reply to it.  The SCN Site Index contains a full listing of all SCN spaces.

Where does this thread belong?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

move it MM or FI (to early in the morning, had not even checked in what forum it was posted when I answered it from the communication stream)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

field selection is made transaction specific in OMSX and account group speciifc in OMSG transaction.

Some fields (e.g. postal code, region ) in the address screen are controlled by other customizing, such as country settings and country specific checks.

Azeemquadri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Please try Transaction variant SHD0 for Tcode....