cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC 10 GRCFND_A, GRCPIERP GRCPINW within GRC server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Has anybody installed the three GRC components (GRCFND_A, GRCPIERP and GRCPINW) within a GRC Server?

Would it work without any further issues?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Capulina

Ideally we should not have GRC addon and Plug in on same system but in many cases customer would like this setup .

We had a recent client where we managed this kind of setup without any major issues ,

One of the problem i remember was email notification stopped working once grc addon and plug was installed was same server which we solved with SAP note .

Hope this helps

Regards

Ashish

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Asheesh/Ashish

Out of curiosity, did the client review the risk and implications to managing upgrades and support packs (including ABAP/Basis stack) in having the GRC component on ERP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Asheessh!

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ashishi,

I am also dealing with GRCFND_A inside ECC along with the 2 plugs in as the landscape. 

Looks like you have done this with no major issues for risk analysis.  However, in my case, I ran inot a problem of risk analysis (both role and user level) returns no results.  Did you have the same issue, how did you resolve it?

Thanks,

Helen

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have never seen any issue, done few implementation , well again that was not my decision though.

if you could read GRC 10 Post installation document you can find for workflow you need some settings to be made and all info are available.

result not showing up is different issue not related to pluing and addon on same system.

you can browse few threads to fix you issue. and would be great if you let us know your support level if it is SP12 the ensure you fill required details for running risk analysis and remove blank or the stuff you do not need.

Regards,

Prasant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Asheesh,

I think I'm having the same issue with the email notification stopping.  Can you please provide the Note# that you applied?

Thank you.

Matt

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

In one of the case, where attribute Manager is in GRC Box and for updating table GRACMANAGER with same field we required component GRCPINW in GRC Box itself.

former_member192902
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Capulina

If client wants to install both GRCPIERP and GRCPINW on GRC system, request them to install before starting any configurations or workflows.

If you install any of the plugins in GRC system after configuration, 40% configured data will be deleted.

Ex: Task Specific setting, Event linkages.

It happens to one of our client system.

With Regards

Trinadh Bokka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Awesome! Thanks Trinadh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Same situation happened to me also. I am at GRC 10.1 SP3. I configured and tested all my workflow correctly then Customer asked for GRCPINW to be configured in GRC System and after that I ran into problems. I implemented manual steps for event linkages and Tasks as described in the manual and able to submit the request.

• New/Change Request - The request is correctly sent to the approver but at the approver level, there is no approve button available for him. I check the stage settings which seems to be perfect. The request is stuck. If I go for cancelling the incident, it says that there is error at Line Item.
  • Information Request - I cannot find any systems when add button is clicked to assign any system
  • Super user Request - The FFIDs are not displayed.

I am able to check only these scenarios only right now. Do you have any suggestions where should I check to resolve these issues.

Thanks in Advance,

Rajesh

former_member192902
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Rajesh,

GRCPINW support pack should be installed in GRC system before configuring any workflows and SPRO changes.

With Regards

Trinadh Bokka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trinadh,

Thanks for your reply.

Should I understand that I need to refresh the GRC System and re -  configure all the developments again and there is no other way to recover this.

Rajesh.

former_member192902
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Rajesh,

You need to reconfigure Task specific settings and activate Event linkages.

Mostly Event linkages will be deactivated and you need to activate and recreate the workflows if any thing missing.

Do not reactivate BC sets and just check each and every step which you configured and you no need to check about connectors.

With Regards

Trinadh Bokka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cesar justo

This  landscape may be helpful for u to understand well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

I understand that an standard implementation has the GRCFND_A on the GRC server and GRCPIERP GRCPINW on the ECC Server.

Nowadays I want to use the /GRCPI/... transacctions within the GRC server and  I was wondering if I could install the plug-ins GRCPIERP and GRCPINW on the GRC Server without having any impact in my current standard installation.

Thanks.

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Capulina

The only /GRCPI* transaction your end users would need to use is /GRCPI/GRIA_EAM for firefighter cockpit. If you install GRCPINW on the GRC system you can do this.

The transaction /GRCPI/GRIA_EAM - EAM Launchpad Logon is meant of decentralised Firefighting. This will allow your users access FF directly from the plug-in system without having to go into GRC.

Alternatively, if you are using centralised FF you can then use transaction GRAC_SPM from the GRC system.

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Cesar

Nope - got them separate

Within GRC 10 Installation Guide SAP has disclaimer "CAUTIONAC/PC/RM 10.0 should not be installed with SAP Business Suite or with any SAP Business Suite components such as ERP, SCM, CRM, and SRM."

We have SAP GRC Component which as GRCFND_A and GRCPINW installed (as the GRC system is also a plug-in)

On the ERP component we then have GRCPINW and GRCPIERP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Colleen, I'll give it a try then let you know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

Could you please guide me in following?

• During centralised Firefighting, we need to have FF user available in GRC itself, so would installing GRCPINW on GRC box be sufficient?'
  • If I need to provision GRC users through GRC box would I need GRCPIERP and GRCPINW both of them on GRC?

What is the impact if I installed one or both of them on GRC box? I can understand there would be impact on Task specific customising, would there be anything else?

BR,

Mangesh