cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Different Print Output types do not process successfully

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. i am currently faced with an issue where i have 2 different output types that i want to process successfully upon creating an invoice but the 1st output type that is processed in the invoice is the one successful. adding a different output type would fail. no processing log on this one though. i have checked the Output determination procedure in NACE and both of them are added in the procedure and the config is also correct. checking the requirement types, there is no problem too. can anyone suggest if there is a SAP standard program that hinders the 2nd output type processing if the invoice already has 1?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please ask the Abaper to keep the breakpoint in the program RSNAST00 and check whether there are any customized coding written to stop the processing a output, if another is in success.

By looking at the above threads, you are left with this only option.

RSNAST00 is a executable program. Debugging in production changes nothing, you can ask abaper to debug in production too, if its not replicatable in development.

0 Kudos

HI Enrique,

Have a ABAP developer look into the program code. He may have included a lock to allow the program to use for one output only.  This is not the right practice.

NIkhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks! we found the problem. it is because of the output message group defined in a customized table. when the output types have the same OM group of Output message group, one of which will fail. thanks for the help guys.

Enrique

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

thanks for the inputs!. i'm thinking if a logic was placed where only 1 output should exist. i think the purpose is to prevent a copy of the invoice? i mean, if i will print 1 form, then i can reprint that form but not print another kind of form. i'll check the print program or smart form if something is hindering these outputs.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you can check the print program

Further, you can also, check whether in your output determination procedure, is it maintained in following manner:

StepCounterCType (O/P Type)Requirement
1011st Output Type
1022nd Output Type

If the counter in output type determination is not the cause, then check logic whether you are using customized routine in requirement field assign against the output types.

Thanks, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

currently, we dont have a counter. all output types are 0

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Okay. Then do check your print program and routine assigned in requirement.

Anyways, did you carry out Output Determination Analysis in VF02?

Thanks, JP

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Enrique,

if there is a SAP standard program that hinders the 2nd output type processing if the invoice already has 1?

There should be any issue.

You need to check whether you output types are properly getting determined in your invoice or not.

To check that please refer my following post:

- Output Determination Analysis

Thanks, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please ensure that all configuration settings are correct.

Please check whether the condition records have been set up correctly.

Also,check whether "Manual only" field is ticked in your out determination procedure for your 2nd output type.It shouldn't be ticked.

Regards,

Krishna.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Enrique,

Ideally issuing 2 / 3 three outputs from a Invoice should not be a problem.

Infact we currently have three output sent everytime Invoice is created - Print-out, email & PDF. All happening simultaneously.

Now in your case, if you are sure that all the config is in please, then please check the Print program & Smartform assignment in NACE & also check from ABAPer whether the Smartform is activated after the last modification.

Further check your Output Condition records in T-Code VV32 & ensure that records for both the Outputs are exactly same.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

0 Kudos

Hi Enrique,

SAP will not stop the second output to generate if another one exists. You may be missing a step. Check the following:

1) Check if configuration for output is correct.

2) Check if you have assigned it in the correct output procedure. Also check if there is any routine assigned to the output in the procedure. This may stop your output to be triggered if criteria not met.

3) Check if the output condition is correctly maintained.

4) Check if output is setup as Sent immediately ( status 4) in output condition.

Even after this if it does not work then provide some more specifics of the output and configuration and someone will surely help in this forum.

Thanks

Nikhil

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If both the output types Transmission medium is 1 ?

and in the output determination procedure in NACE has any requirement assigned

and also what is the Despatch mode, is it 4 or 3?

could you please attach the screenshot to analyze it further

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for the inputs! both output have a transmission medium of 1. they have the same print program and smartform. they are also maintained in the correct output determination procedure. the weird thing is that it doesn't allow both output successfull. if i will trigger the 1st output type and save, it will be successful, adding the 2nd one would fail. i then remove both outputs in table NAST using se16n. i now add the 2nd output type and triggers it. the 2nd out put type is successful, i now then add the 1st one and at this time, this output type is now the one failing.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Enrique,

Could you please tell what is the different between these two output types?

Or why you created two output types?

Why not one output time, with "Multiple issuing" activated?

Both condition types have the same transmission medium, program, form.