cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail Adapter : Check valid sender's mail id.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All, I've a scenario where vendors will email with an attachment(text file) to PI system. I would just receive the email, convert into xml file and put into a folder. No issues in this.

I've some 50 email-ids. Everymonth there is a chance of adding new email id to the exisiting list. Becuause we certainly don't want to allow any non-listed email sending some virus file to PI system.

My question here, is there any method to check valid email? Please let me know if there is a method to address this requirement in sender mail comm. channel or by any other way?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>My question here, is there any method to check valid email? Please let me know if there is a method to address this requirement in sender mail comm. channel or by any other way?

IMO, we don't have mechanism to check valid email addresses.  But I would say why you want to list 50 email IDs.. Rather take help from mail administrator and create just one group mail ID. associate all the users to the mail ID. SO even if you have new users mail ID that would be automatically added to this group mail ID. In this way you dont need to do any validation for mail addresses. Plus you maintain just one mail id at PI level.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In addition to the suggestions above, check 's reply in this thread, for two possible approaches:

Regards,

Greg

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can use certificates to validtate/encrypt/decrypt messages: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/27/c0524257a1b56be10000000a155106/content.htm

/Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I dont see any direct way of achieving this scenario, but having said that i think u can handle this at adapter level (using adapter module where u parse the incoming message and check the from address and if it is valid then proceed with the next step i.e payload swap bean etc.) or the other way is to handle this at mapping level...like validate this at mapping level and then read the attachment.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava