Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table UI row as column

former_member206441
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

My requirement is to show data in table but the requirement is show the data in form of columns.

For eg: If we create an ordinary table UI and if we give context binding the context attributes will be binded in as rows

empid name phone mobile

XXX     XXX   XXX     XXXX

my requirement is to show it as

empid   XXX    XXX   XXX

name    XXX   XXX    XXX

phone   XXX   XXX    XXX

mobile  XXX   XXX    XXX

I am confused now... isit possible to do it?? Kindly suggest..

Thanks & Regards

Arun.K.P

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

phanir_mullapudi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, If the number of employees to be displayed is not a fixed number, It is possible to do using Dynamic programming, which should be your last resort.

Try to have a Discussion with your business/Functional teams on what is the real need or advantage in displaying in Column format.

If its a Must-Do, then... Happy Dynamic Programming!

Abhinav_Sharma
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

It is not possible using standard table UI elements. However, the same can be achieved using dynamic programming. You can create a UI elements dynamically that will appear like table in the above format.

Please note, the dynamic programming is bit complex and it increases the complexity and maintainability of the code. Try to use standard UI elements as far as possible. Also, the format that you mentioend is not user friendly as based upon the number of rows, lets say 100, you will have 101 columns. So you will have horizontal scroll bar which should be avoided.

Having vertical scroll bars are better than horizontal scroll bars.

Hope this helps you.

Regards

Abhinav