cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pos-Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello every one,

I had installed the Sap Solman 7.1 without errors in linux (SLES11) but now i don't know what to do.
I try to login with sidadm but i can't. I don't know if i'm doing something wrong.

I has try with this commands:
     > su - sidadm

or

> su - sidadm -c 'password'

but the reply is always permission denied.

I tried this to:

>csh

>source /usr/sap/SID/SYS/exe/run/sapenv_hostname.csh

>source /usr/sap/SID/SYS/exe/run/dbenv.csh

>setenv rsdb_ssfs_connect 1

>R3load -testconnect

The reply from R3load its ok.after this i try again the startsap or su - sidadm  and always the same error.

I know that i must use the command startsap but is necessary that i'm logon with sidadm.

Can you help me?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I found the error. When  i was installating theSAP Solman i changed values in /etc/security/limits.conf. I Change the default value 3800 for sap users because the installation was giving me error. I forgot that i must put tis values with default values. Know i can login with su sidadm.

Thanks for the help.

Leonor

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

devendrassoni
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

After looking into screen shot you have posted, it seems to be an permission issue. Session cannot switched to <sid>adm please take help from OS team. This is not an SAP issue or password issue.

Best Regards

Devendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi saurabh, hi Roman,

I'm login with root, and i run the installation on root user. At the installation i chose create SLD something (i don't remember the exact term). I install a central instance of Solution manager.

In the print you can see the error it's only a line. It appears when i try with the password or without. For sidadm, sybsid, daaadm, but if i try with another user that isn't a sap user de commans su work.
Any ideia??

Thanks for your reply,

Leonor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As pointed out, looks to be an OS permission issue.

If you are the OS admin, check http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-general-1/su-permission-denied-25805/

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

From which user you try to run su command? Please attach a screenshot with error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am assuming you are trying to login on OS level. Please login with the user with which you did installation. check for security user and group for sidadm. Have you performed domain installation or simple??

Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek, Hi Dijsselbloem,

I have try with the master password, and i try with the new password. In the two cases it didn't work. I have another installation in a virtual machine of EHP6 and i use the same configuration and in EHP6 the su sidadm work, but in Solman no.

Regards

Leonor

former_member191911
Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have root access enter the following: passwd <sid>adm and enter the new password.

Kr. Mark

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What was the master  password defined while installation? Pls try with that passwd.

Regards,

Vivek