cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

551 Movement for scrap in co11n

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

Good evening to all. I have a scenario in which my client will do CO11N confirmation with yield and scrap quantity, they want below movements to happen automatically.

Example :          Production order - 10 Nos

Yield quantity    -   6 Nos

Scrap quantity  -   4 Nos

Movements :        Components - 261 Mvt for all 10 Nos of header ( Because backflush activated)

Yield quantity - 101 Mvt for 6 Nos

Scrap quantity - 551 Mvt for 4 Nos

For the above all movements are working fine except 551 movement, Because 551 mvt is not happening for the scrap quantity.

Can anyone tel what config I have to do for the same.

Answers will be highly rewarded since its a urgent requirement.

Regards,

Sandhiya.S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Are you completed above subject

Regards

MK

former_member214153
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sandhya,

In my old project we also face the same problem so we had used the 531 movement insteat of 101 in CO11N. please check this scenrio and let me know if u have any other issue

Thanks,

Anurudh Singh

former_member214153
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi sandhya ,

U can another thing , you difine the the scrap material code and assign the movment type-531 as a by-product for scrap material

Thanks,

Anurudh singh

Anupam1143
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have activated backflush for all material BOM components then, while doing confirmation in CO11N, you can enter in Scrap qty as 4 which will do GI for Raw materials and reduce order header qty, Mostly 261 mvt type and 551 mvt type , the financial aspect remains the same, both will be treated as consumption from stock.

Check and revert

Regards,

Anupam Sharma

former_member242092
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can maintain scrap code in BOM as bi-product with negative sign. At the time of confirmation stock takes place with 531 movement type. Now you can use movement type 551 with MIGO/MB1A so that stock can be remove as scrap.

For the co11n setting please follow the link, may be it can help you -

http://www.benx.de/en(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/index.do?onInputProcessing(brai_object_thread)&001_threadid=...

http://www.benx.de/en(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/index.do?onInputProcessing=brai_thread&001_thread_id=2120456...

Regards,

Rampreet Jaiswal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sadhiya,

Whats your error message during your confirmation? For us, were able to process 551 during the confirmation of order for the components. You can talk with your MM regarding the movement type or check via OMJJ tcode > allowed transaction. Be sure to include CO11N/CO15 etc for you to able to post the 551.

Also, after your confirmation - are you receiving your components as a Finished goods now? If yes, it is subjected for QA inspection? if yes, during your Final Usage Decision, thats the time to post your scrap qty to 'reserve' field on the inspection lot qts, then do the UD.

If you have further, just revert back. This is our current practice now in my organization.

Cheers!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you explain further because we have to do 551 mvt thro CO11N itself and not through QA inspection.

Regards,

Sandhiya.S

0 Kudos

Hi "knee you"...we are in the process of going away from repetitive and moving to discrete production orders.  In processing production scrap in our repetitive world, we use mtype 551...we also use 551 to report component scrap.  In the discrete world, if we want to report production against a production order, there is no material document generated to be able to easily use that for reporting.  How can I automatically connect the scrap qty & reason into mtype 551 when doing the CO11N or CO15?  What type of config would I populate?  If we start reporting scrap on the production order, the cost reporting is more accurate, but I lose the ability of reporting scrap with the material document.

Thanks,

Carol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandhiya,

Wondering if your requirement needs a basic review!

Why would you need to post a 551 movement?

Kindly note that the 551 movement will remove the stock out of a Storage location as Scrap!

• If you have a strong reason(may be for reporting purposes) to post 551 movement for the Scrap quantity; you need to
    • Post 'Yield' and/or GR for this quantity also, to bring the quantity to stock
    • And then, post a MB1A/MIGO transaction with 551
      • or if you use QM, you can post the scrap during UD entry.

By way of entering the 'Confirmed scrap' in addition to the 'Yield' during the Confirmation, you are already  ensuring that the Goods issue and the Operation costs get posted for the Total ('Yield + Scrap') manufactured quantity. This should take care of the costs and the stocks already.

• And the Goods Receipt gets posted for 'Actual' useful quantity, entered against 'Yield'... thus avoiding the need for adding this quantity to stock and then subsequent transaction to post a 551.

Kindly review, and share your feedback.

Regards,

Senthil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandhiya,

Kindly refer to these threads on the same/similar topic -

https://scn.sap.com/thread/1854138

http://scn.sap.com/message/13122566

http://scn.sap.com/thread/471626

Regards,

Senthil

milind_kulkarni5
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using SAP QM stuff in this scenario, then do the GR for all 10 qty.

Inspection lot  with 10 qty will get created. Thru' UD , send 6 to unrestricted & 4 scrap location.

Regards,

Milind

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member1362664
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandhiya,

Please confirm, either you want to have scrap qty in system or not. If yes this is not the way to do.

Because in this way system will remove the qty from the system as scrap.

If you want to have the inventory of scrap. you should create a storage location e.g. XYZ

Complete confirmation for 10 Nos as Yeild. then post it to scrap thru mvt typ 551.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.