Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC TO IDOC Scenario using SAP PI 7.1

mf_haq
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

Have to fetch data from DB table and table pointing to XML LINKs instead of records.

DB------------PI-----------IDOC

In general table contains records and it will be straight forward scenario.

SO_NUMBER
SO_DATE

SO_QTY

10002013-05-291
20002013-05-292
30002013-05-293

But in this case table contains a LINK in place of TABLE VALUES. Please share some ideas, pros/cons on above interface development.

SO_NUMBER
SO_DATE

SO_QTY

sonumber1.xmldate1.xmlsoqty.xml
sonumber2.xmldate2.xmldate1.xml
sonumber3.xmldate3.xmldate1.xml

Regards,

Shah

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please clarify your requirement, 'cause actually isn't that clear....

How you need to handle the links value?

mf_haq
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Plan1:

I am planing to execute the same using JAVA mapping. Using JAVA mapping we can extract and map the .xml file (JAVA has the capabilities) which is reside in a table as a table value and then remains all same.

Plan2:

In worst case DB has to agree to develop some Procedures at their end. As per my knowledge ORACLE and SQL server DB's has the possibilities.

Please reply if any issues with the above plan of execution.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can I know the column type that stores xml?  You might have to use oracle convert_from() function to convert the data to text value something similar to the below thread...  This is a specific design on the backend. You might have to take help from DBA to get the query..

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5230478/select-from-table-containing-xml-data-in-bytea-column

manigram
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Either you have to fetch "sonumber1.xml" or data from sonumber1.xml file.

Please clarify your requirement.

Regards,

Manigandan

mf_haq
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have to fetch data from table WHERE data available in sonumber.xml file

I mean actual business data available in sonumber.xml but sonumber.xml file available as a VALUE inside a table.

In this regards, How PI will fetch xml file which is resides in a table as a LINK.

To full fill this requirement do we need any converters or does PI have the capabilities to process such records. Please share the possibilities to meet such type of requirements suing SAP PI.

Note: DB vendor not ready to do any changes/felicities to convert the same in to as a .txt file or TABLE with ROWS and COLUMNS

Regards,

Shah

manigram
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why are you going for JDBC adappter, make it as file adapter and pick the file it's simple . Why are u complicating things?. Your case inside the jdbc the file link is there so ask them to keep the files in folder and pick it up.

Regards,

Manigandan