cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BPC 10 Certification - Functional

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have strong functional & domain expertise in FICO.

I am looking forward to train & certify myself in BPC. My basic understanding is BPC is having both technical & functional expertise.

From certification point of view do we have 2 certifications or is it only one certification covering both functional & technical.

My knowledge in BI & Technical is almost nil. How i can prepare myself in this case.

Regards

Aravind

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aravind,

Considering your experience, you should go for functional certification in BPC.

Please search certifications here

https://training.sap.com/us/en/training-options/certification

The following is the latest SAP BPC Certification:

https://training.sap.com/v2/certification/c_epmbpc_10-sap-certified-application-associate---sap-busi...

Unless your basics are strong, easy not an easy exam to pass. You must have been trained and read the materials.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I am SAP FI certified consultant with 3 years of SAP FI experience.

Looking for expanding my horizon to other area. Should I look for BI or BCP ?

As I am Non Technical person Which will be a better option.

Regards,

Sanjeev

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

Before going for BPC, I would expect somebody should have basic and fundamental knowledge of BI, as both BPC and BI and integrated on the same platform.

Kind Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ravi,

I am having 3 years of Experience in Fico I have done certifications as well. Now I would like to learn BPC and preparing for certification as well. Please advise to me..is it good idea to learn the same.

Best Regards,

Subbu.

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Subbu,

Being a SAP FICO consultant, I am sure you must be good at excel. That could be an advantage. In addition to that if you have good familiarity in BW (BI) would be a must. Without have good understanding about SAP BI, you may get some difficulty in understanding BPC, as both are tightly linked.

Though not mandatory, if you have some knowledge in VB and ABAP, that would be additional value.

Good finance understanding is a must.

You can go ahead and learn BPC, which has good potential in future market.

Kind Regards,

Ravi

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

If you want to extend your skills towards BPC,

you try to learn fundamentals of BI and then go towards BPC.

BPC is tightly integrated with BI. (At least get good familiarity in modelling & reporting). If you get adequate knowledge in Extraction, then it would be added value.

Without knowing BI, it would difficult to learn BPC.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Ravi

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Subbu,

There is no short cut to learn new skill.

Read and Practice, this is the only way you can learn a new skill.

Try to read SAP Help and engage yourself in BPC forums. There are fantastic people who are always willing to help you in SCN forums.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Ravi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi ,

I am Vinita Mathur , MBA graduate in Finance & IB , having 5 yrs of work exp in AP & AR domain now want to move to SAP vertical . Could you please suggest which module will be better for me SAP BPC or FI .

Also please tell can i start without certification or if certification is required which institute will be the best . I stay in Hyderabad  , checked with Atos they dont provide BPC trainning here.

Regards,

Vinita

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinita,

To learn BPC, you should have the following skills:

a) Good understanding about business process particularly in Finance

b) Good Fundamental knowledge about SAP FICO and adequate understanding about other modules

c) Fundamental knowledge about database concepts and SAP Business Intelligence (at least modelling and reporting)

d) Good Excel / Analytic and VB skills (VB Skills are not mandatory but recommended)

e) If you have any knowledge to ABAP that would be added value.

BPC has good potential, but you may need to prove at least one or two projects.

SAP Certification is NOT a job guarantee program, many are under wrong impression, that SAP Certification get a guaranteed job. It may give you added value, but at the end of the day it is your responsibility to get the job.

Following are the SAP Authorised Training Centers:

Training Locations

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Ravi !!