cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add a new button in "My Trips and Expenses" under "All My Trips tab".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Colleagues,

In ECC 6.0 , we are upgrading to EHp6. Until EHp5 , the UI was in Java Webdynpro. Now, with EHp6 upgradation, the UI applications are changed to ABAP Webdynpro.

We got a new requirement where in we have to add a new button in "My Trips and Expenses" under "All my Trips" tab.

Since I am new to ABAP Webdynpro. could you please guide me on how to add this button

Currently there are 4 buttons Disply/Print , Change, Copy and Delete. I need to add a button "Print Coversheet".

Your inputs and help will be very useful to me.

Thanks in advance,

Sinthu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sinthu,

You need to look into enhancing the POWL feeder class CL_FITV_POWL_FEEDER_TRIPS and Web Dynpro component FITV_POWL_TRIPS with you new action.

If you don't know about powl it is probably a good idea to look into that:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/WDABAP/POWL

Br Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

I have currently enhanced the component FITV_POWL_TRIP_DETAIL. I have added the button next to the "Delete" button in the view V_DETAIL under Expense report .

Should I write the action for this button in the feeder class ?

Thanks & Regards,

Sinthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not 100% sure but I did notice some coding for the actions were available in the feeder class so I would think so. But you have to check out yourself where exactly your logic fits in best.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I added the button and enhanced the methods. It is working now. Thankyou for all your valuable inputs.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sinthu,

Check out this document by Vaibhav Tiwari for a walk-through on how to enhance standard Web Dynpro Components:

Once you have added your custom button, you could for example have its handler method open a smartform:

Cheers,

Amy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amy,

Thankyou. I was able to enhance and create a new button.

In fact, I need to open a smart form on clicking the button. But before that, I have few logics in the driver program before calling the smart form. My next doubt is , how do i call a driver program with few parameters from the created button .

Thanks in advance,

Cheers,

Sinthu

matteo_montalto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sinthu,

I think you could bind your custom button to the standard FPM event "PRINT_PREVIEW". There's then a BADI , BBP_OUTPUT_CHANGE_SF, in which you could implement your specific logic.