cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HANA SLT Server Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are installing SAP HANA SLT Development server. The recomended sapace as per SAP is 100 GB. However we plan to install PI 7.3 dev on the same machine. The config of the server is there are 2 drives of 100GB each and 16 GB RAM. Can somebody let me know if i need to upgarde the existing Hardware sizing before SLT installation or is it ok that current hardware will support for both installations. How much virtual memory (Page File) needs to be set in the same host?

Regards

NIlesh Awaghan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

tobias_koebler
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

a Sizing Guide for SLT is available taht supports with the initial sizing.

You find it here: SLT Sizing Guide

If you have more specific SLT related questions, please use SLT SCN community: http://scn.sap.com/community/replication-server

It is much easier for me to monitor everything there.

Thank you and have fun with sizing

Tobias

SK-EA
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Nilesh,

Key part of SLT sizing involves the role of the SLT server, i.e, SLT server is a stand alone server or an existing Netweaver server. Aprat from these there are many other key aspects to be taken into consideration before finalizing the SLT server.

Key Aspects:

1. DEV/PRD landscape

2. Standalone SLT server or deploying SLT on existing Netweaver server

3. In later case, role of Netweaver server

4. Volume of Replication

5. ...

SAP recommends 16-32GB RAM on a 2-4CPUs server with minimum number of 10 background jobs for a SLT server.

Your server seems to have 16GB as of now and also PI is going to be sit on the same server. PI being a mandatory dual stack environment you have to definitely scale up your hardware resources.

I suggest you to perform a sizing exercise and increase the hardware resources.

Hope above observations helps you in taking the call.

Regards,

Srinivas K.