cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue while Posting UD in qa32

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I need a clarity for one small issue. In Material Master the Base UoM is maintained as Meters but PO UoM is maintained as Yards. When UD is posted through QA32, it is always getting posted as Base UOM. In some of the cases the conversion is not happening properly, hence the difference in quantity is getting posted to excess inventory control. Can anyone tell me how to check whether proper conversion is happening or not. Can this problem be because of wrongly maintained UD characteristics, how to check this. Also whether two different UoM one as Base UoM and another UoM for Purchasing Order can be maintained for a material in material master.

Kindly provide me inputs at the earliest as this causing serious problem in production system.

Thanks for your reply at the earliest.

Regards

V. Srinivasa Ranganath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Srinivas

PO takes the UOM which is defined in material master. There are two ways which will kill the question of any kind of conversion of UOM.

As the UOM in PO is different from the one that is defined in inspection plan. you can create a new inspection plan using t code QP01 and delete the previous one using t code CWBQM. In the newly created plan assign the UOM that is similar to the one defined in material master.

Go to mm02 and change the UOM as per inspection plan.

applying any one of the above will lead to the no further requirements of conversion of UOM.

Thanx

P dubey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Quality stock posting will happen based on UoM maintained in QM view of the Material Master.

Purchasing will happen based on UoM maintained in Purchasing view of Material Master.

If you have maintained the proper conversion factor in Additional Data of the Material Master, stock posting will never happen. So consider all the probabilities & maintain the conversion factor as per that in Material Master.

There is no relation between the UD code & Conversion factor.

former_member620323
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can anyone tell me how to check whether proper conversion is happening or not. Can this problem be because of wrongly maintained UD characteristics, how to check this. Also whether two different UoM one as Base UoM and another UoM for Purchasing Order can be maintained for a material in material master.

Hi,

you can check the alternative unit in material master, go to mm03 -> Additional data -> Unit of measure.

This is not because of wrongly maintained Characteristics, there is no relevance with Chara. & stock posting.

yes you can maintained UoM for Purchasing Order in Purchasing view of material master.

milind_kulkarni5
Contributor
0 Kudos