SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single BP vs Multiple BP concept

former_member182585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear SLCM Gurus,

Just wanted to know the re-usability of BP concept wrt SLCM. As of now users are using CRM based admission process and create multiple BP wrt each program of study applicants has applied. We are now moving from CRM to ISR based admission process. This will comes with the usability of single BP concept.  With single BP it will be easy for users to trace the history of students. As far as i know BP has its origin in CRM. Shall we drop the creation of multiple BP option  or continue with the same approach. In case if we retain multiple BP concept we have to link the multiple BPs of a student with some development. Do we have any standard solution here.

Regards

Vinod Kumar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vinod,

As far I know There is no standard solution for splitting BP's. Creating multiple BP's is not a good idea. You will be exhausting BP number range for no reason. if you are going to create multiple BP, I will suggest you have archiving in place for non-used/rejected applicants else customers will be complaining about performance.

Regards,

Prabhat Singh

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vinod,

As far I know There is no standard solution for splitting BP's. Creating multiple BP's is not a good idea. You will be exhausting BP number range for no reason. if you are going to create multiple BP, I will suggest you have archiving in place for non-used/rejected applicants else customers will be complaining about performance.

Regards,

Prabhat Singh

0 Kudos

Hi Prabhat,

What about cross company code postings? In case student transfer to another program of study which belongs to another company code.

Regards

Vinod Kumar

0 Kudos

Vinod,

I don't not suggest merging/splitting after any  financial posting on Student's account.

Regards,

Prabhat Singh

former_member182585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Reached on a conclusion that single BP will lead to complication is account postings due to multiple company codes involved.