Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matching mode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

What is transformation and it's use ?

I am trying to this transformation in MDM Data server. for that i selected

Matching Mode push button and then selected transformation tab. there i created new

transformation. now my questions are.

1. Here master table only available to select, why the other tables are not available to

select.

2. when i go to properties window in the transformation tab there can selecting name field

so why i am not able to select other fields.

3. Substitutions are also not available to select.

Please clarify my doubts.

Thanks,

Satish.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi satish,

1. If you go to Data manger reference guide on page 448 its given that Only main table is available for matching mode. The reason i think is only repository level that is only main tables duplicate records can be merged and all other look up tables are not available as they are referenced everywhere else so changes need to be done on all records which use these look up fields.

I am not getting your 2nd question. Please follow these steps for matching mode and let me know any problem still persist.

Matching Mode is used to find and merge duplicates.This can be done in following steps:

Step1. In Data Manager go to Matching Mode and Select Transformation tab.Right click in Transformations pane and select Add Transformation then go to Properties pane and select the field you want to transform.Do the proper substitution in substitution pane example: Suppose that there are two values Marta. and Marta due to the "." MDM will interpret them as different values but they are dupllicates so to eliminate this problem you can use substitution. So specify ".' in From and Blank space in To .Create similar transformation for other fields as well.

Step2. Go to Rules tab and Right click in Rules pane and select Add Rules then go to Properties pane and select the transformed field i.e.[XFM] .

Specify the scores for success failure and undefined properties as per your requirement.Create similar rules for other fields as well.

Step3. Go to Strategies tab. and Right click in Strategies pane and select Add strategies In the Rules Pane select the rules you want to include in the Strategy.Min Score and Max Score are calculated automatically. It is the sum of all individual matching rules in this strategy. Low Threshold and High Threshold classify the matching results and must be set manually. They decide the Match Class for a record upon executing the strategy.

Step4. Go to the Records Pane and to execute the matching, select one or more records from the record set and right-click. Select Match Records from the context menu and select the relevant matching type:

• Selected vs. Selected matches the selected records with each other

• Selected vs. Results matches the selected records with the record set derived from the search criteria

• Selected vs. All matches the selected records with all records in the repository

• Results vs. Results matches all records that result from the search criteria

• Results vs. All matches all records that result from the search criteria with the records in the repository

Step5. On the basis of the Score select the record and See the corresponding matched records in the Matches tab and include the records you want to merge.

Step6. Go to Merge tab and for the selected matched records select the appropriate values and then right click in the bottom pane and select merge records. So the selected records are now existing as a new single merged record.

Thanks and Regards,

<b>Sagar Sonje

</b>

Mark Helpful Answers

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Matching is currently supported on a limited amount of fields only. First of all the fields have to be in the main table (thus you cannot select a different table), secondly they have to have a text type (thus you cannot select fields with a different type).

The transformation is used to modify the selected field. A short example:

Image you want to match organization names. Those names do often contain abbreviations. You have two records, the one is named "IBM INC.", the second "International Business Machines". Currently MDM would not realize that both records are possible duplicates because the strings themselves are different. But using a transformation you can define that "IBM" can be replaced with "International Business Machines". The "INC." does not provide valuable information for matching. You can use a transformation to filter it. After a successfull transformation, MDM would compare "International Business Machines" with "International Business Machines" and voilà you've got a match.

Note: transformations are only valid during a matching run. They do NOT change the master data. It's just a temporary change!

Substitutions are planned for a later release.

Kind regards

Michael