SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Academic Calendar for Program of Study

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Frndz,

We have a requierment, We want to assign one academic calendar for one Program of Study, like below

Program: B.Sc (Maths)- BSc.Maths Calendar

Program: B.Sc (Physics)- Bsc. Physics Calendar

But when i tried to offer the Modules assigned to the Programs (i.e. Edit Session Offering) it picks only the Top Org Unit calendar (Say University Calendar)

We dont want this, we need the Academic Calendar assigned to the Program of study for all the process (Module Booking, Admission, Event Planning, Assessments, Asessment Process, etc)

In Evaluation Path Configurations for Academic Calendar we have maintained PIQCASTD, and "X'" in Academic Calendar Evaluation.

And we have created cutom Evaluation Path which has only  SC          A 510        CA Values,    assigned this to certain calling points,

We dont have Structural Authorization concept also.

Kindly help!

Thanks in Advance

Regards

LS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear LS,

Your configuration for ACADCAL and TOPCAONLY is wrong. It is expecting Initial value.

Regards,

Prabhat Singh

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear LS,

Your configuration for ACADCAL and TOPCAONLY is wrong. It is expecting Initial value.

Regards,

Prabhat Singh

0 Kudos

Hi Prabhat,

Tried that also, No luck..

Still am getting the top Org unit Calendar

Any suggestion???

0 Kudos

LS,

Then it must be your custom evaluation path.

0 Kudos

Hi L S,

your evaluation path should contain also a path from SM up to SC to find the CA attached to SC.

Because, if you want to maintain offering sessions for an SM, the evaluation path starts from this SM to find an academic calendar.

I suggest, you start with a copy of the standard evaluation path PIQCASTD.

You should delete SM B501 O and CG B501 O from it, if you do not want the calendar at O to be found first.

You should add SM B500 SC and SM B500 CG, if you want to crawl up the "belongs to" relation to SC and find the CA attached to the SC.

But be aware that the result may be unexpected, if SM or a CG on the path belong to more than one SC with different calendars attached to it.

SAP will infer the CA with the shortest distance from SM first.

As Prabhat pointed out, in addition the setting for TOPCADONLY should be initial.

Dirk

0 Kudos

Thanks Friends,

Solved myself...

0 Kudos

Hello L S,

Can you share how you solved this issue?

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Hi L S.

Please share how did you solve this issue.

Regards,

Sandeep