cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to have a selection screen for list guibb

0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Please let me know how to design a selection screen for List Guibb. We have 701 version and there is no search uibb available in this version. I was wondering, there is any way to have a selection screen & report (List UIBB) together in FPM. Needless to say that I used to design a selection screen my self & embed a webdynpro alv below the selection screen before FPM. How to achieve this.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Aleem.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The combo of using a search GUIBB and a List GUIBB (implement the feeder class as one class that implements both interfaces - nb serve the data to the list only via the on_event method not the get_data method of the list.) is quite nice for selection screen type logic. It also allow for the saving of searches (much like saving a variant in dynpro reporting).

It's worth noting that as you pointed out this is not available in 7.01 - but just in case others see this post and start thinking about using forms guibbs for selection screens, I'd just reiterate.

Cheers,

Chris

former_member199126
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Bro, currently there is no option to have selection screen in List GUIBB. The FPM designed in such a way that list GUIBB can be used only to display records as table. In addition to that you can add buttons to it.

If you want to add selection screen, i recommed you to use FORM GUIBB. To begin with, use a seperate feeder class that impliments the FORM_GUBB interfaces.

Happy learning.

Karthik.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Aleem,

Yes this is true there is no support of search UIBB component in version 7.01. You have to use form UIBB for creating selection screen or create your  search component and integrate it with the freestyle UIBB.

Thanks

Praveen Gupta

former_member193369
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Aleem,

there is no real support for this in 7.01. To bring a selection screen into FPM on this release you have 2 options:

1. Use a form UIBB
  2. or create your own freestyle UIBB

Best regards,

Christian