cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am just newbie to SAP XI 3.0 and 'd like to know the Advantages and Disadvantages in Java Mapping.

I appreciate the comments on this post!

Regards

Rudra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if u wanna have a glance at java mapping prgm with example....just drop a mail to mailprabhu@gmail.com

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

adv is u can map any strucutre with aid of java mapping. the target strucutre can be frmaed as like the source....which cannot be done in graphical as two DT cannot have the same def. disdv is u need time...u goto put effort in having java program in place. also the performance depends on the parsers u use. sax parsers are relatively beter performers than dom parsers

Former Member
0 Kudos

JAVA Mapping :If you have complex mapping in your scenarios and also some times if you have more than 100 field tomap then better to choose the JAVA MApping

Java Mapping uses 2 types of parsers. DOM and SAX. DOM is easier to use with lots of classes to help you create nodes and elements, but, DOM is very processor intensive.

SAX parser is something that parses your XML one after the other, and so is not processor intensive. But, it is not exactly easy to develop either.

DOM and SAX are APIs

In NWDS we have to develop the mapping and create jar and archieve and import it under Iported archieved in IR. this can be used in Interface mapping.

See the below links so that you can have screen shots,...

Java Mapping

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/29/java-mapping-part-i

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/29/java-mapping-part-ii

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/29/java-mapping-part-iii

Testing and Debugging Java Mapping -/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/10/23/testing-and-debugging-java-mapping-in-developer-studio

Regards

Chilla..

Points rewarded if it is usefull..