cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messages stuck in "delivering" status in AE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have Idoc to file(EO) scenario. Sometimes, messages got stuck in "delivering" status and after that thousands of messages start pilling up in "To be Delivered" status. As, PI shows connecting to FTP server. This can happen anytime in a day and after PI server restart it get resolved.

I have checked various discussions on scn. Many people faced the same issue.I am unable to find the reason why at a certain point of time PI loses the connectivity and how to correct it or how to cancel/restart the messages in Delivering status without restarting PI server.

Please help.

Thanks in advance!

Regards

Danish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

IMO, setting timeout might not be helpful. This is typical concurrency issue ... at the same time multiple messages are entered in the queue and it fully load the ftp adapter at a particular time for the service. So  what happens adapter module logic does not seem release the connection after some time and block the message.Even if one message got stuck in the queue, it would block all the following messaged to be blocked and show you end up seeing delivering status for ever.  Like Raja said increasing the thread could help some  extent. The similar thread is very well explained about the same issue. If you did not see it, Please see this thread

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1825204

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Baskar,

I read the point in the SAP note.

And in the thread specified by you, the problematic interface was not critical. But in my case, the interface which cause the delivering blockage is very critical and need to be executed soon with no errors.

Please suggest, will applying maximum concurrency not effect the processing of the interface ??

And also sugest where I can increase File receiver adapter thread count value??

Regards

Danish

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This will not impact anything,as i mentioned earlier set time out value and increase thread count

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2011/01/26/tuning-the-pi-messaging-system-qu...#

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raja,

In NWA, under Configuration Management → Infrastructure → Java System Properties → Details → Services.

for "XPI Service: AF Core>>messaging.connectionDefinition" I had already set the value:

name=global, messageListener=localejbs/AFWListener, exceptionListener=localejbs/AFWListener, pollInterval=60000, pollAttempts=60, Send.maxConsumers=15, Recv.maxConsumers=15, Call.maxConsumers=15, Rqst.maxConsumers=15)

But still stuck in delivering.

Please suggest.

Regards

Danish

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why u have increased value to all 4 parameters? increase value to only one receiver thread after that restart PI JAVA stack.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raja/Baskar,

I have make the changes as suggested by you.

1) increased the receiver adapter threads

2) set time out

3) set maximum concurrency as per the note 821267.

Since I have made the changes, I have not faced the same issue.

Thanks to both of you.

Hope I will not face it again!!

Thanks

Danish

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Danish,

Try the following options:

1) Check the older messages in AE, if any message got stuck with the holding status., cancel the message and reprocess all the other messages.

2) Check the connectivity between PI and FTP server. if the connectivity is fine, edit and do the dummy activation of receiver channel.

Regards,

Laxmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Danish,

There are several reasons due to which connectivity can be lost. This is the recurring problem with FTP connections. But you can change the below 2 parameters and the problem of restarting the(Java Stack) Server would be taken care.

1) Put the poolwaitingTime in the FTP receiver channel.(please keep in mind time is in msec)

2) Increase the number of  File adapter Threads at server level. (if there are high number FTP connections)

Regards,

Hiren

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I feel your pain. I had exactly the same problem with IDoc to File scenario with single node SAP PI 7.0 server.

We did the following:

- Switched from EOIO to EO by simply deactivating the checkbox in interface determination

- changed poolWaitingTime in FTP Adapter

- Increased number of threads for file

- Upgraded to PI 7.0 SP 25

I'm not quite sure if this resolved the problem but it hasn't reoccured for several months now.

HTH

Cheers

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Danish,

<I am unable to find the reason why at a certain point of time PI loses the connectivity and how to correct it or how to cancel/restart the messages in Delivering status without restarting PI server.>

You cannot cancel or restart a message in Delivering status. Have you tried stopping and restarting the channel from RWB?

How many Java nodes are operational in the system ?  Is load balancing enabled ?

Ambrish

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Set time out value in receiver file adapter  and increase File receiver adapter thread count value to 20 in NWA.