cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating new movement type for transfre posting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are trying to configure warehouse management system for raw materials.

Following will be the to be process flow.

1. GR of Raw material will be done at SLoc TR01(in transit location)

First stage-  311 movemnt type will be used to transfer the material to storage type 921, bin -TRANSFER.TR will be created in the abckground.

Second stage-TR will be converted to TO and TO will be confirmed

Third stage-to will be craeted to transfer matreial from storage type 001 to 920, Bin TRANSFER.

Forth stage-new movement type(copy of 311) will be used to transfer material from 920 to other storage location.

I have configured new matreial type. Now i am trying to post transfer posting using new movement type. But i am getting error' Storage bin (warehouse no)  does not exist (check your entry) is appearing.

I followed following steps to craete new movemnt tyep in WMS.

1. Created new movement type in inventory management through OMJJ.

2. Defined movement type in WMS (Logistic execution-->Warehouse management-->Activities-->Transfers-->Define movement tyepes.here source storage type is 920 and Storage bin is TRANSFER.

3.Defined movement type in WMS (Logistic execution-->Warehouse management-->Interfaces-->Inventory management-->Define movemnt types-->Assign WM Movement Type References to IM Movement Types.

Please suggest how the error can be resolved.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you everyone for responding.let me explain the whole prcess.

WMS is being implemented for raw materials and not for FG.

I have mapped four SLocs 2001,2002,2003 and 2004 under wms(warehouse-w11)

1. material comes from vendor.GR is done in TR01.

2.material cleared from QC and transfered to unrestricted stock.

first stage of WMS-311 doc is posted to transfer material from TR01 to wms locations.Here TR is created in background.stock is moved to storage type 921.

3.2nd stage in wms-TR is converted to TO and TO is confirmed.so stock is moved to storage type 001.

now following will be the procedure for picking the material.

third stage in wms-TO will be created to transfer material from storage type 001 to 920(bin TRANSFER)

forth stage in wms-Copy of 311(customised mvmt type-983,984)will be used to transfer material from storage type 920 to production floor.Here only the error is appearing and I am not able to generate TR in abackground.

For movement type 311, destination storage type is 921 and bin is TRANSFER and shipment type is stock removal.

For movement type 983,source storage type is 920 and bin is TRANSFER and shipment tyep is stock placement.

Also, I have not assigned any SLoc in the IMG-->Logistics execution-->warehouse management-->interfaces-->define SLoc control, as I have mapped four SLoc under WMS and stock can be picked from any of these four SLoc.

Regards,

Sampada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you trying to put away the stock  (GR ) in some storage location initially and then wanted to move that stock to some other storage loction which is used for picking? if that is the case you should configure the storage location control for your warehouse.

Configuration settings:

IMG-> LE->WM-> Interfaces-> IM->Define storage location control, then choose Control of Assignment "Plant / Stor.Loc. - Whse Number".  Flag the storage location from which you regularly pick the stock as standard storage location and then falg your GR storage location as a storage location  that should not be copied into the TR.

Next choose storage location control and add an entry for how and when posting changes from GR storage location to the picking storage location. Generally standard movement type (311) is used here, but since you have defined the new movement type for this purpose add it here.

Process flow : GR for the raw material-> TR creation in the background-> TO creation and confirm-> posting change process.

For more details, refer below link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/c6/f8443d4afa11d182b90000e829fbfe/content.htm

Regards

Vijay

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I read this again and again, and got more and more confused, may be because somewhere the last piece of information is missing.

Let me try to recap what I understood:

1) you do a IM movement 311 to storage location TR01, this automatically creates stock in storage type 921 along with a TR.

2) you convert the TR into a TO and confirm. I assume the stock is then moved to a bin in storage type 001, because in your step 3 you are saying you move stock from 001 to 920 storage type

3) you create a TO to move stock from 001 to 920 storage type and Bin TRANSFER

I assume that you created this TRANSFER bin with LX20

Unclear what movement type you use. Unclear based on what event you are doing this activity. Especially as the IM activty comes later in step 4.

4) you do a IM movement (copy of 311) to move stock from TR01 to another storage location, which removes the quant from 920 TRANSFER  (unclear here if you get a  TR for this activity.

Unclear why this activity is number 4 instead of 3. The usual way is IM posting followed by WM.

finally unclear in which step you get this error message,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Sampada

Addition to this, try to assign storage bin type to storage unit type.

let me know if it is exist and can't able to do the process

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you generated the interim bins with LX20?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes.

I have created the bins.

Also, i think there is some issue in configuring storage type search strategy in my system.

This is why i am getting blank spaces in error message'Storage bin W11   does not exist (check your entry).

As i said , in the first stage 311 is being used to transfer material from in transit location to WMS location, Shipment Type for 311 is a-stock removal.

and i am using copy of 311 to transfer material from WMS location to other SLoc in the forth stage,

In the configuration of storage type search,

WH   shipmnt type storage ty indi  stock cat  storag class  watr poll class ref mvmt type sloc ref Storage W11           A                                                                        0                     0                 001        ***
W11           A                                    Q                                 0                     0                  001
W11           A            920                                                      0                     0                  920
W11           A            920                  Q                                 0                     0                  920

Is this correct?

How the system will pick storage type  001 in first stage and 920 in forth stage?

PLease guide.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sampada,

Check whether the bin exist using TCode : LS03N in the relavant stoage type.

let me know if this exist and still you are not able to transfer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes,

Bin is there in required storage type.

Still i am not able to post the document using mvmt type 983.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sampada,

Please post the screen print of the error message and transfer order entries,this will help to analyze further.

Zubair