Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusion with HANA Cloud pricing

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

After having built a few HANA Cloud apps, I now want to go productive.

but looking at the details it's quite confusing:

in the Apps store:

It seems like only $439.12 per year - AWESOME!

I have no idea what "header cumulation" means and even when I JFGI I'm still none the wiser.

but further down on same page:

4342.88 EUR per year

Now if I assume that this means the main advertised price is a monthly figure not an annual (which is far from clear) then I'm buying my currency from SAP because at current rates, I'd have to pay 458.53 AUD per month to get that EUR figure quoted.

So, question, is my path to using SAP HANA Cloud really as cheap as the headline price on the SAP Store, and if not what is that price and what is the real price?

BTW if the headline price is actually a monthly price it is very strange to advertise that as you can only buy the service in 12 month blocks!

Help me understand folks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tbieser
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

what is advertised in SAP Store today are in general subscriptions for one year for predefined packages containing compute units, storages, connectivity and such. For the chosen package we are talking about a 12 month subscription for the total price of 4,343.88 EUR.

What however is shown is the price for a single month that is subtitled with "Header Cumulation". This is due to the fact that the store today shows packages like this. We are a aware that this does not make it easy to understand what is the actual price to pay. For this reason we are already working to improve on this. However, as long we don't have it ready we decided to at least put all information in the "pricing" tab: That is is a subscription, that it is 12 month, what is contained in the package and so on. You will also see this as soon you actually purchase, so you will not accidantly purchase something without understanding the total cost.

I understand that your preference would be to put there the overall price for the overall subscription so that it basically reads 4,343.99 EUR / Year - correct?

Best,

Thomas.

richard_hirsch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thomas Bieser wrote:

That is is a subscription, that it is 12 month, what is contained in the package and so on. You will also see this as soon you actually purchase, so you will not accidantly purchase something without understanding the total cost.

Shouldn't you see the total price before you purchase the item?

D.

tbieser
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Absolutely, there is no doubt about this. And this is what you can do already today - However, talking about visibility you would expect to see it in the big price box - and here we are working to improve things.

Best,

Thomas.

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas,

I feared as much! had fingers crossed for the huge price drop, but never mind!

Still, must figure out how SAP is doing their currency exchange work as there is definitely an arbitrage possibility there!

It's a real shame that the partner agreement/price doesn't come with a couple of productive licence possibilities such that partners developing solutions could "drink their own champagne" to use a phrase often thrown about with SuccessFactors and SAP.

Still I'm hopeful that we might get the budget together to allow us to use the solution productively. Even if 3 compute units and 10GB is huge overkill for the use case.

Cheers,

Chris

richard_hirsch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

M

Chris Paine wrote:

Still I'm hopeful that we might get the budget together to allow us to use the solution productively. Even if 3 compute units and 10GB is huge overkill for the use case.

Maybe there should be a smaller package possible?  What do you think you would need?

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The level of resources and support of the free developer version is fine (would be nice to run more than one app though) just to be allowed to run productively.

Last year before you could purchase yourself on SAP store, I worked with SAP Cloud sales team here in AU and got a deal for a customer to have a very low cost option. Something similar to that would be great.

Something around the $AUD 1000/pa with option to extend to more compute units if we ever got anyone else interested in using the same solution. Perhaps only available as a "drink your own champagne" option for Cloud partners?

Anyway, if not, gonna have to figure out how to raise more interest. (or recode to use GAE )

tbieser
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

as you said, it is possible to negotiate any kind of package with your local SAP account executive...

However, having a smaller package in the store would make things easier. Let me check if we can put a smaller package in the store .

Best,

Thomas.

Answers (0)