Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the cause of orphaned profiles(generated)in the user master Record ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I was going through the Profiles tab in the user master record, I could find some profiles without a Role name. When checked in the change documents these appear to be generaed profiles. There is no record of any Role deleted from the user(if we assume a Role got deleted, but its profile left over).

This orphaned profile existed in the system, when the user was created and currently it doesnt exist in the system, but is found in the profiles tab.

I was not able to find the Root cause , cause nowhere I can find the profile in the system. I tried executing the PFUD->Cleanup, but still it did not work.Also, I want to know the reason how it got assigned??

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Preethi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the search terms "cleanup" or "orphaned" don't work or you did not try, then try "huebermini".

Cheers,

Julius

14 REPLIES 14

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi preethi,

a possible cause for this could be that the corresponding role of these orphaned profiles were deleted via transaction SU10.  SU10 requires you to remove the role in the roles tab along with the corresponding profiles in the profiles tab.  this is not always done correctly as many assume the profiles will be removed along with the roles automatically.

are these custom profiles and not SAP standard profiles?

0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri,

There are Standard profile too, which are orphaned, But I am more concerned about the custom profile.

Currently in our solution manager landscape we have 2 custom orphaned profiles which exist in the user master record.

Is there any job or a Report to delete this, as I told PFUD dint work??

Regards,

Preethi

0 Kudos

I think report RHPROFL0 will help you get these profiles deleted --> delete manually maintained authorization profiles.

this report could also have been the cause of these generated profiles by the way.

former_member190027
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Preeti,

You can't remove these profiles through SU01? How many users has been assigned to these profiles?

Regards,

Pavithra

0 Kudos

Hi Pavitra,

I have 2 concerns.

1. I cannot get the list of users for this orphaned profile, because tehy dont exist in teh system.Right now we are just investigating on the solution mamnger system, since there are very less users there, I can go though each user and get the orphaned profiles and I can delete it manually.

2.My customer wants to know the root cause, so that it doesnt happen again, or if it happens how to remove it.

Regards,

Preethi

0 Kudos

Copy&pasted answer as well as link-garming removed by moderator.

This is your last warning, failing which your user ID will be deleted!

Message was edited by: Julius von dem Bussche

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the search terms "cleanup" or "orphaned" don't work or you did not try, then try "huebermini".

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Can you elaborate a little , I am not understanding it.

Thanks,

Preethi

0 Kudos

Here is the step by step procedure... -> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=site%3Asap.com+huebermini+orphaned+cleanup

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

Thanks for your reply. But that dint help me because when I tried to execute the report "RSUSR_CLEANUP_USER_TABLES" for a user who had this orphaned profile it said "No entry selected".

I don't think so there is any table in SAP which stores users and their profiles, this could be the reason, why this report is again not able to clean up these profiles.

I am not finding any way to sort this out permanently

Thanks to help.

Regards,

Preethi

0 Kudos

Interesting...

On a 7.31 SP7 system I can see the same. Non-exiting roles are also shown.

A sync of the user tables ( report RSAUTHXPRA) does not remove them either.

But if the "type" field is empty, then it means that it does not exist, so then you can delete them in SU01 - then they are gone.

You should report this to SAP though. Something strange is going on there.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Thanks Julius..

0 Kudos

If the profile in fact does not exist anymore (su02) you will need to remove it manually (SU01/SU10).

One possible cause of how such inconsistent entries had been created has been identified recently and corrected with SAP note 1850208. In this case the profile is not identified as 'generated' one and is not removed by PFUD/pfcg_time_dependency automatically... 😞

@Julius: for the assignements of non existing roles please try PFUD. I expect the 'cleanup' option should remove them.

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Exactly What I needed

Thanks a lot for that.

Regards,

Preethi