Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OAC0 - 'Basic Path' Usage

former_member210673
Participant
0 Kudos

hi All,

I've been trying to figure the exact purpose / usage of 'Basic Path' field in OAC0 transaction (Full Administration). SAP Help mentions - Basic path is -

Objects which are to be stored asynchronously must be made available by the SAP application under the basic path

We have defined and using Content server for storage. One of my thoughts - that a copy of Original file will be created in the 'Basic Path' if the DIR execution is done in background job (Batch Upload) and such. But, this doesn't sound to be true.

Please share your thoughts on this.

-Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guyz,

Yes thats the path which document temporarily opens it up but what happens to me once that if you make a development and no one tells that one of your bapi's is used like document_checkoutview2 and with workflow to send a mail to external server you have the chance to stop the R3 server!!!

Because standart functions use the OAC0 defined paths and in background jobs that is the R3 servers C folder...

Regards

janosdezsi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, Gaurav is right. I just want to extend his answer, that this path have to be accessible from all application servers.

(And as far as I know, the document won't be stored there permanently.)

Best regards,

Janos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Basic Path - It is transfer directory in which data can be stored temporarily.

Same thing is with ARCH Path.

U can check the scenario for Content collector for SAP. Here we use Document Area as Archive Link.

Basic Path - Here full path of the directory is to be mentioned where SAP applications is to store the files that are to be archived by Content Collector.

Arch Path - Here full of the directory is to be mentioned where Collector Server and SAP can retrieve the archived files.

In most of the cases basic path and arch path are same.

Thanks,

Gaurav