cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-supported database

Former Member
0 Kudos

One of my customers runs on an unsupported version of their Oracle database: how can this impact the support they are getting from SAP? Is my assumption correct that they still get all the support patches, can raise notes etc. but if SAP deems the issue is caused by the unsupported version, than they can resolve the issue at consulting rates?

A similar question/situation would occur if a customer runs SAP Oracle on AWS?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Walter,

> One of my customers runs on an unsupported version of their Oracle database: how can this impact the support they are getting from SAP? Is my assumption correct that they still get all the support patches, can raise notes etc. but if SAP deems the issue is caused by the unsupported version, than they can resolve the issue at consulting rates?

(Oracle) Database support cycle is not controlled by SAP. You underly the Oracle support policy, even if you have purchased your oracle database licenses by SAP (and getting support for Oracle by SAP as well). By the way - SAP has its own first and second level support for Oracle, but SAP raises an Oracle SR, if you need a patch or whatever. So in case of new database bugs or so even consulting rates can not "help you".

Please check the following PDFs for lifetime support policy and its different impacts on patches, etc.:

The important impacts are mentioned in the second PDF (Extended and Sustaining Support).

Regards

Stefan

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Walter,

Your understanding looks correct.

For AWS supported platform you may refer below SAP notes.

1656250  SAP on AWS: Support prerequisites

1588667  SAP on AWS: Overview of related SAP Notes and Web-Links

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori