cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service order process steps for repairing a machine at customer location with billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Gurus,

I have a business requirement which starts ,receives a call from the customer place, request us to repair for a machine,service engineer will travel to the place and service the machine with replacing some parts , and finally i will bill the spare parts which the engineer has replaced parts and charge the expense of sevice(service charges). i believed this requirement can be adressed through the combination of SD and CS module.

the required flow should be-a notification-service order-sales order(spareparts replaced)-billing

Could you gurus please through some light on this requirement step by step please...since i am new to this CS module....

Thanks and regards,

Pratheep Thankaraj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks your inputs santhosh,

i have done all the above said setings, bu still

DP90 throws

No expenditure items found

please help

thanks,pratheep.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

In DP90, whats you are selecting like there are Expenses,Sales Price and Billing request  ?

Note : What type of Requirement class is flowing in your Service Order ,did you maintain SM01 for your Requirement class in OVZG ?

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you added the operations in the service order?

can you put the screenshot of the cost Tab?

I think there is no actual cost posted

please put the screenshot

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Santhosh,

But there is an error populating when i tried to create a billing through DP90 with reference to service order

Resource-related billing/quotation not possible for service order

Message no. AD01196

can you please tell me the pre requisites for proceed further with   service order to billing

thanks and regards,

pratheep

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maintain some operations with work center and activity types

These are your man hours for service

prerequisite is Work center and respective cost center , activity type master data should exist

check with your PM/PP guys whether the work center , cost center, activity types were maintained or not

And you have to maintain activity pricing in KP26 in order to get the actual cost

if possible insert the screen shot of your operations tab from service order

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Thanks again for your efforts.

now as i said earlier, the service engineer has ment the faluty part and billed the customer.up to this part i have arrived.

the part where i have struck is

1. bill the customer(service which i have provided-by engineer)

then only the cycle  will get completed.

but here ,narendra has suggested to go for DP90, i am totally new for this area, i have tried creating DP90  with reference to service order

but it says ;

Resource-related billing/quotation not possible for service order

Message no. AD01196

please help me resolve this issue

Thanks a lot

pratheep

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you have already Billing to customer, you can further reference the Service order in DP90

As i already suggested, you have to use consignment Billing only for the spare parts and the Service you did like repair, testing, lubrication should be added in the Service order under operations tab

Then only you can use the DP90 Functionality

hope it is clear

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your valuable inputs,

let me check the above suggestions

Thanks .

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

For this same process we follow this following process

Notification IW51

Service order IW52

Quotation DP80

Accept quotation and sale order created automatically IW52

Delivery of parts VL01N

Billing VF01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Moazzam,

here i required a simple steps to finish the cycle by

1. i have a installed base in customer location(customer material).

2. received a call from the customer to repair the machine

3. Service engineer will carry few required spare parts to the customer location and fit the appropriate

spare parts and bill them (mapped through consignment process)

Consignment fill up

Consignment issue

consignment return

consignment pick up

4. Charge the service cost to the customer-??

please suggest me the right flow?

Thanks

pratheep

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pratheep,

Hi,

If you want the consignment process to be implemented, then you have to handle it using ADVANCE SHIPMENT functionality in which the spare parts will be sent to customer site using consignment document (CB) then you can do the delivery with Fill up delivery

Now the stock will be with the consignment stock, if it is used for the repair, you can create the consignment issue document and do Billing to the customer for the spares

Now using DP90 you can bill for the services done

Note: In consignment you cannot combine billing for both spare parts and service using DP90

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First you should create the functional location for the customer combination for the place or region where the equiment base is there, may be customer location.

Next for the call log you can create :

1. Service notification, Enter the functional location, which will automatically enter the sold to party in the notification.

2.Create the service order for the same,and in the componets tab you can ship materials to the customer, use Material issue 361 movement type to ship material to the customer thru MB1A thru service order.

3. Once you do so all the costs will get booked into the service order , now you have to define the DIP profile so that you can bill the Service order thru DMR- debit memo request and pass on the costs with profit with pricing condition thru RRB to the customer.

For the consignment process as well try the advance shipping option from the service order menu,

You need to enter the KB sales document for the fill up and then the VA01 with referece KA, KR etc. normal standard process.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!

Amlan

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Based above explanation ,Your Main Product has been provided to Customer then that customer got damage .Now ,he wants to repair that Machine .For repairing ,we need to use some spare parts .So ,we need to fill up that Spare Parts first of all in our Premises then we need to Issue to Customer Location and Billing for that Spare Parts .

1. Repair Request  ( From Customer )

2.  Repair Order  ( Based on Repair Request )

3. Service Notification ( to Customer ,how many days ,you need to give service for that Material ,Information to customer )

4. Service Order  (  Service Product - Main ( RA Type) + Spare Parts -Serviceable Product ( RAS Type) = Total Amount will be given to customer ).

5. Billing Request to Customer by DP90

6. Final Invoice by VF01 .

Note : With Consignment Process ,It would not be good to map this scenario .

If you have any doubts please let me know .

Thanks,

Naren

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

I have already suggested you the right flow. Since you are using consignment process in this process to cater sapre parts issuance and receiving from technicial so your process will be very lengthy. In my above suggested process there will be three new documents added if you follow the consignment process.

Thank$

former_member188027
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pratheep,

• In CS once will recipt of complaint from customer will create notification - iw51.
  • If maintained  wrranty master (BGM1) it pop up Whether in warranty or not.and here in notification "activity"tab we can Enter incoming and outgoing calls in action box - "Log Telephone Calls". or how complaint recived from the customer.

• Create Repair Order-IW52 :

Select document flow and check if the repair order is created or not

• Come to service order-iw32 : (create service order -IW52)

§  Add the component (RM) in to the component list. (if required any material for the repair) once SAVE PR get genrated for the entered material (Purchasing view). PR--PO--GR  (materia cost get captured)

• In service order add the work centre  and control key (Operation tab)- IW32
  • Confirm the service order-iw42

Put actual Quality hours in final confirmation and save the confirmation

Come to service order again, check the actual cost against all elements (material, Cost of Quality inspection + operation cost)

• complete the service order & notification

Scenario: if only service required...

Notification--Service order--Plan Opration--confirmation--billing request--Billing

Scenario:if only material required...

Notification--service order--component--issue material--sale order--delivery--billing

Scenario: both serive and material required..

Notification--service order--Plan Opration & Component-- for opration confirmation of service & for component issue the material---Billing request--Invoice

reg,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anand,

Here the third scenario, which you have explained is well suited for me. but the material required to replace by the service engineer carrying consignment process and billed it accordingly as he used. but the service order which was generated from the IW52 screen i could not able to bill it... what is the process to solve/close  the service order... please help me to resolve my issue?

former_member188027
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

As MoazzaM said you can follow the process

Service order IW52

Quotation DP80

Accept quotation and sale order created automatically IW52

Billing VF01

Or

You dont required any quataion Directly through Service order put your required billing amount (VA01) and Create Billing document wrf to service order.

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want the consignment process to be implemented, then you have to handle it using ADVANCE SHIPMENT functionality in which the spare parts will be sent to customer site using consignment document (CB) then you can do the delivery with Fill up delivery

Now the stock will be with the consignment stock, if it is used for the repair, you can create the issue document and do Billing to the customer for the spares

Now using DP90 you can bill for the services done

Note: In consignment you cannot combine billing for both spare parts and service using DP90

regards,

santosh

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Repair Request ->Repair Order ->Service Notification ->Service Order->Sales Order ->Billing

Please search in Google for based on this requirement .You can get a lot of  documents / scenarios  on this .

If you have any doubts please let me know .

Thanks,

Naren