cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Text in Invoice from Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

i Hi All,

Is there any configuration in Text Determination where text changed or added in Sales Order after Invoicing will automatically update the text in the invoice OR

Changing the sales text in the Material Master will update the texts in both sales order and invoice automatically.

Is this possible ?

I know that by ticking the reference checkbox text in the previous document will update the text in the subsequent document but in invoice there is no reference checkbox in text determination.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can someone please help me with this.

The reference has been activated both at sales order and billing item level but changing the text in sales order is not updating the same in the invoice created earlier.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurav,

As per SAP standard, Already created document either invoice or sales order, text will not update automatically.

I am not sure any program can do this or not.

If user entered wrong text and posted mean, ask user to Change the text in sales order and invoice.

Regards,

Karthik

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

karthikeyan,

Thank you for your post!

I tested in IDES, for both the sales order and the billing document, in VA02 and VF02 respectively, the text (at header and item level) can be added.

But for the text types for which text has populated in the documents, the text can not be changed. Would you agree?

Where is the setting to make a text type non-editable?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

But for the text types for which text has populated in the documents, the text can not be changed. Would you agree?

I will agree it can't be edit or change directly, but we can delete and replace the new text in same line.

Where is the setting to make a text type non-editable?

Frankly speaking at present i dont know. But i think, this can not be done through Standard configuration.

If i found or you found please update.

Regards,

Karthik

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

karthikeyan,

Would you please give some screenshots, in order to explain -

but we can delete and replace the new text in same line.

Thank you, in advance!

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurav,

Image added is not opening, could you please assign the screenshot of text determination from SAP Billing --item?

I think you added from sales order item

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

Created sales order and delivery. After that i changed the sales order item text.

select the detail button from the above screen and replace you new text. same way we can do in invoice also.

Regards,

Karthik

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Karthik,

Thank you for your post!

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Saurav,

but in invoice there is no reference checkbox in text determination.

I have checked the Text procedures relevant for Billing documents, at header and item level; field "Reference" is there in both.

Please check VOTXN, in that the text procedures for Billing documents.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone please help me resolve this??

This is very urgent.

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the Proforma Invoice type check what is the TEXT PROCEDURE assigned at both Header and Item

and in VOTXN, check whether the TEXT ID for Material sales text is available or not

and check what is the access sequence assigned to that TEXT ID

and for the Access sequence, whether VBBP TEXT OBJECTS added or not

If everything seems fine, then from the Billing document

from Item text, click on DISPLAY LOG

which will take you to the analysis of TEXT DETERMINATION

in that screen you can find the error if any

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Santosh .

heck and revert

I will c

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am getting the following message.

The text is present in Sales Order-Line 10.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can someone please help me resolve this.

This is a very urgent issue

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

as per standard, if you make any modification or updations in the sales order the same will be copied to the Billing document

let us know if it is not happening for you

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am sorry but that is not happening in my case.

The user has created a sales order followed by a proforma invoice.

Now the user has realised that text is missing in the invoice.

He has entered text in sales order but the text has not been updated in the proforma invoice.

Now the user wants that text to be entered in sales text in material master and that should update the sales order and invoice OR enter text in sales order and that should update the proforma invoice.

How to do that??

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Saurav,

I have done some tests.

With field "reference" activated in the Text procedure (assigned to the billing type); still the change made in sales order is not getting automatically updated in the billing document.

Please do the following -

After the user has done some changes in Text, in the Sales order; cancel the proforma (that was already created) and create a new proforma invoice.

The text changes done by the user (in the sales order) shall be reflected in the newly created proforma invoice.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

santosh,

"Reference" functionality, in text determination seems to not work!

I have tested the below -

In VOTXN, for that text condition type, in the text procedure which is assigned to the billing type; the field reference is activated.

Created sales order

created delivery

created billing document - At header level the text maintained in the sales order has populated in the billing document - OK

Now, change the text in sales order

Check the billing document - the text has not changed!

With "reference" activated for this text condition type; according to SAP, if the text is changed in the sales order, then it should automatically change in the billing document too.

But this is not happening.

Could you please test and let us know?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

As a matter of fact this exactly the problem which I am facing right from the beginning.

Is there any program which can update the text in billing document if the sales order text changes.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Saurav,

After testing and comments by karthikeyan, the changes from sales order (changes in text, done after the creation of sales order and billing document) do not automatically update in to the billing document.

But karthikeyan has suggested (how to) to manually do the required changes in the billing document with VF02.

If there are only a few billing documents in which changes in text need to be done, you might request the user to do these manually. (in order to solve this issue).