cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while creating travel request !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

There is a requirement that a new mandatory field "Estimated cost" to be created and while saving the request system should check the estimated cost amount with bujet and act as per that,

"Estimated cost field" created and made it mandatory successfully but while saving TR the system throwing an error i.e " No expense type for estimated costs has been defined. Cannot save", could anyone suggest how to resolve this error and achieve my requirement,

Best Regards,

Devendra Reddy D.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

The error message already gives you a hint. For this it is necessary,as the error message says, to create an expense type for the estimated cost in V_T706B1 with the use 'Estimated Cost' e.g. ESTC and you choose out of the 'special use' drop down box the value 'estimated cost, no reimbursement'.

Also, with integration to funds management, the system tries to create a commitment for the entered estimated cost so if no expense type exists, then so the error will also occur.

Hope it helps!    

Sally

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sally,

Thanks a lot for your reply,

I created the expense type in table V_T706B1 and also maintained the table V_T706B4,where i created 1st wage type as ESTC but while maintaining table V_T706K i am getting struck up that will create a symbolic account and if i assign it to a GL then how system checks the budjet,

Now the error is not coming but system is not checking the budjet it seems as it is taking whatever the value i am maintaining,

Please suggest.

Best Regards,

Devendra Reddy D.

0 Kudos

Its possible that this is actually correct that the budget is not actually reduced (will explain why in a moment.. but first of all to confirm on the customizing so far: You have the expense type created in T706B1 as no reimbursement and then wage type maintained in T706B4 and this wage type is maintained in T706K (symbolic account) - correct? Are you getting an error that the trip entailed no costs now?

For the wage type in table V_T706K, the flag "Without CO receiver" MUST be checked. In addition, the symbolic account (ex. +XX -XX) must also be defined. 

You also have to decide based on your funds management customizing whether you actually want the budget to be consumed or not though and if you do, then ensure your customizing does derive a commitment (but this is Funds Management customizing!) if it does then the warning I mentioned (trip entails no cost) will be correct becase this is a warning to the users, explaining that you have active Funds management and with the posting of the trips there will be any commitment to the budget (any consumption).

If you do not want to consume budget at the time of posting a trip, you could assign for the value type XX, a dummy commitment item and update the value type XX as statistical in FM, in this way you will avoid the warning (trip entails no cost/msg no 56287)and you will not consume budget neither.

Hope this helps

Sally